Beam reinforcement at column location

Dear all,
Please refer attached photo got it from internet
.IMG_20210105_105251.jpg
Both the beam reinforcement bars are out side column bars which is incorrect. Share alternate solutions with photos.
1. Both the bars inside columns
2.One bar inside and one on side of the columns
3. Both the bars outside column bars(as attached photo- column and beam covers also will affect)

Share any other method as per IS specifications.

Regards,
Selvaraju

Dear all,
Please refer attached photo got it from internet
.View attachment 3902
Both the beam reinforcement bars are out side column bars which is incorrect. Share alternate solutions with photos.
1. Both the bars inside columns
2.One bar inside and one on side of the columns
3. Both the bars outside column bars(as attached photo- column and beam covers also will affect)

Share any other method as per IS specifications.

Regards,
Selvaraju
Example
Column size 300x300 mm- cover 40mm
Beam size 300x600mm cover 25mm

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
It is the big subject of debate and in almost all case, governed by the structural consultant only.

I have seen structural consultant insisting on joggling of beam bars to make its ways through inside of column rebar's.
I have seen consultant who do not allow to joggle beam bars instead happy to see one bar going from outside of the columns rebars.

We can not challenge the designer, not because we paid him for designing but Ultimate responsibility of the total structure is on the shoulders of Structural Consultant. His representatives visits the site time to time just to ensure, weather my clients are executing work as prescribed by me for which I am taking complete guarantee of the structure.

So, you should always contact to the designer of structure for whatever queries you have on your mind.
You should keep a written records of all your doubts and its resolution from structural consultant. in case of any failure due to designers mistake will help everyone in understanding real culprit and taking action on it.