fire proofing material to be applied on concrete member which is wrapped with carbon fiber sheet. Could you recommend me suitable fire proofing mater

shafi12344

Apprentice
Guys anybody can recommend fire proofing material to be applied on concrete member which is wrapped with carbon fiber sheet.

Could you recommend me suitable fire proofing material which can be applied on the surface of carbon fiber sheet and concrete?

And That proofing material should be endured at least 1.5 hour against fire.

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
I have never done this but someone in past told me that, vermiculite is best material for ensuring heat insulation and it is recommended in Mumbai to seal all the electrical ducts at every floor by casting a slab using vermiculite. its light weight and have good resistance to heat.

Do post about the update you get once you decide to go on with any product or material, so that it will help other to get the information on same kind of work.

VIDHYA SAGAR

Guys anybody can recommend fire proofing material to be applied on concrete member which is wrapped with carbon fiber sheet.

Could you recommend me suitable fire proofing material which can be applied on the surface of carbon fiber sheet and concrete?

Maybe right or wrong, but my assumption is..

If space is available and any options for chicken mesh, we can screed to a thick of 50 mm by providing shuttering around..

At least can go for cladding with cudappah or kota slab if provision available..

Jayant Joshi

Dear

We carryout such plaster / concrete with ACC make cement - castable refractory. (Various other brands are also available in market - I have used from ACC)

This ready mixed refractory cement is mixed with water in mixer and ready for use. (Curing with water or Ice is must for minimum 7-10 days)

Various grade of fire resisting cements are available from ACC. for different range of requirements.

Very important point while selecting fire resisting cement is you must know your requirement.

If working temp is @ 1000-1200 Degree then select Cement for 1000-1200 Degree.
If you select Cement for 1600 Degree and same is not cured at 1600 Degree then it will fail (disintegrate) even at 1000 Degree.

While selecting fire resisting cement Sintering temperature is important.

At sintering temperature this cement gain strength and integrity.

Thanks.

amd007

Elite Member

Dear Friend,

As I can understand that you will need a FIRE PROOF PAINT to be applied onto the CARBON FIBRE SHEET/CONCRETE. Suggest you go for a fire proof paint ( also known as INTUMESCENT PAINTS ) which can resist fire for about 2.00 hours and more.

Noble Paints offers ‘Fyretard’ fire-retardant paint and ‘FyrePruffe’ intumescent coating – two immensely effective coatings that provide the ultimate in fire protection.Noble Paints Pvt. Ltd.,Noble Tower, First Floor,G.K. Marg, Lower Parel,Mumbai-400 013.Tel : (022) 249742 86 / 87, E-mail: noblecare@noblepaints.com.

Asian Paints offers intumescent passive fire protection coatings for protection from all types of hydrocarbon and cellulosic fires.The Pittchar XP range for hydrocarbon fires, The Steelguard series for cellulosic fire protection.

fire retardant paint, fire retardant paint for steel structure, fire retardant paint for steel surface, fire retardant paint for wood, fire retardant paint for timber, fire retardant paint for ply board, manufacturer of fire coating products, Ameetuff Technical Paints Industries, manufacturer of fire proof paints, fire retardant paints, fire coating products, fire retardant doors, epoxy paints in india, supplier of insulating varnish, anti bacterial paints maanufacturer, heat resistant coating in india, fire proof paints for wood, fire retardant paints in india, fire stop barrier see this link for more details on fire resistant paints etc.

Heat Resistant and Intumescent Coatings see this link for more details on fire resistant paints etc.

Vermiculite, Intumescent Paint, Steel Structure fireproofing India see this link for more details on fire resistant paints etc.

In building construction we provide fire proofing at following places:

Electric duct where the cutouts are sealed using VERMICULITE material which are offered from well known brands like HILTI, FISTCHER, PROTECTA, ETC to name a few, this material is mixed as per manufacturers spec and laid into the cutout so as to seal them incase of fire in electric ducts due to short- circuits etc.

Then STAIRCASE DOOR SHUTTERS are coated with FIRE RESISTANT paints which can withstand fire for about 2.00 hours, here even the door shutters are also used of FIREPROOF MATERIALS, which could be flush doors with ASBESTOS SHEETS on both outer faces of the shutters, could be metal doors etc, basic idea is to have a fire resistance of 2 hours plus so that there is ample time to vacate the premises.

Concrete and masonry are itself fire resistant and can withstand fires so making use of these materials also as per their suitability and uses.

::: EMIRATES TECHNOTRADE L.L.C ::: see this site, here you will find all the various locations where we can provide fire resistance.....

Please go through and select the material most suitable for your use.......Cheers ;)

Attachments

• Fire related paints and other info.pdf
    34 KB · Views: 12