Hot work activity in a construction project

Hello, I'm writing a report about Hot work in construction project and currently searching an example what work activity in a construction that requires hot work and hot work-related incidents.

For example, on work activity, on the Working at Height topic, there is a work activity in the form of installing ACP wall panels in the Hotel Development project with a height of 20 floors. Now I'm searching something similar but for Hot work!

I tried searching all the notes I've gathered throughout the semester and got nothing, only got hot work descriptions, safety procedure and its hazards.

Any help would be appreciated! thank you!

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Hot work is mostly related to the fabrication activities where either welding or cutting of metal is involved.
Arc welding machines, gas flame cutters are the equipment used in hot works.

Before starting such works, a hot work permit need to be taken from the safety department by doing assessment of all points from the check sheet.

example of the hot work could be
fabrication of the structural steel roof truss.
Splice welding of the reinforcement bars.
fabrication (welding) of hand rails.
flame gas cutters are used to either cut the elements or making cutout in the element, an example of this work could be, cutting of I section column member which has the height double than required. making a slot into steel plate for bolt connection.