Hi, Every one. Nice to meet you all here.

Can you suggest some chemical for using stone dust in plastering in place of river sand?
Chemical Must have act as an bonding gent in plaster. As the specific gravity of stone dust is more than river sand its difficult to use in plastering work.
Chemical must be cheaper like or more then ROZON MASTER-PLASTER-MP-CS-102.
Please suggest some name and Specification.

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Hi Arindam, good to see you at Forum.

Welcome to Civil Engineers Community.

Instead of using stone dust, you may try for manufactured sand which contains less % of particles finer than 150 micron (less than 10%).
Using stone dust increase water demand and also leads to higher shrinkage - you may experiment with hydrophobic agents to make sand particles water repellent by treating them before use (considering treatment process and cost, going for M Sand is better option).

You can use any chemical admixture equivalent to what you said, from the TDS of Razon Master Plaster MPCS 102, it is not very clear, what it contains.

Normally the admixtures which are used plays a role in reducing water required for providing the workability, reduction in water reduces porosity and make it waterproof, also helps in reduction in shrinkage due to less amount of water present in mix.

Reactions: V R Suresh Simha
Hi Arindam, good to see you at Forum.

Welcome to Civil Engineers Community.

Instead of using stone dust, you may try for manufactured sand which contains less % of particles finer than 150 micron (less than 10%).
Using stone dust increase water demand and also leads to higher shrinkage - you may experiment with hydrophobic agents to make sand particles water repellent by treating them before use (considering treatment process and cost, going for M Sand is better option).

You can use any chemical admixture equivalent to what you said, from the TDS of Razon Master Plaster MPCS 102, it is not very clear, what it contains.

Normally the admixtures which are used plays a role in reducing water required for providing the workability, reduction in water reduces porosity and make it waterproof, also helps in reduction in shrinkage due to less amount of water present in mix.
Thank you Sir.

also we think for using M. Sand but at Bokaro M.Sand or C.Sand is not available, so we have no options as river sand is banned by local govt. I will attached the TS of Razon Master Plaster MPCS 102 please find.

Attachments

• MASTER-PLASTER-MP-CS-102-River-Sand-or-Crushed-Sand-Plaster-Admixture.pdf
    214.9 KB · Views: 18

Suhas11

Dear Mr. Arindam ji,

I did a lot of researching and trials for plastering in m-sand and stone dust. Finally, I tried Razon's Master Plaster MPCS 102 and it really worked very well in plaster. It improved bonding in plaster tremendously, gave good workability, reduced rebound and also solved cracking problem. Results were really impressive.

Initially, a friend had been using it at their sites in Madurai and was all praises for plastering in stone dust where Razon Master Plaster MPCS 102 was being added to mortar. He suggested it to me 2 years back and since then have been using it. Very satisfied with quality of plaster in m-sand. Have suggested it to many friends and they too have appreciated it and use it for plastering.

See a good proportion for m-sand plaster
1:4 mortar Preferably in PPC or 43OPC
500 ml Razon Master Plaster MPCS 102 And approx 30 ltrs water.
I suggest use m-sand with less than 150 micron should be within 20% range for best results. Cure with water for 10-14 days 3-4 times daily.

You too can safely Go ahead and plaster in stone dust for best results use only Razon Master Plaster MPCS 102, trust me after trying everything this is one chemical that really makes all difference.

Can you suggest some chemical for using stone dust in plastering in place of river sand?
Chemical Must have act as an bonding gent in plaster. As the specific gravity of stone dust is more than river sand its difficult to use in plastering work.
Chemical must be cheaper like or more then ROZON MASTER-PLASTER-MP-CS-102.
Please suggest some name and Specificath

Thank you Sir.

also we think for using M. Sand but at Bokaro M.Sand or C.Sand is not available, so we have no options as river sand is banned by local govt. I will attached the TS of Razon Master Plaster MPCS 102 please find.
Hi
Arindam sir i wanted to know your experience of plastering with stone dust as I am also facing the same issue of crisis of sand in ranchi. If possible can you share your phone number.
Thank you