How to build Show Room with shipping container

Dear Team
We are planning to use some number of 40 feet shipping containers as a show room. show room will have a ground floor and second floor. So, for industrial look we need to remove side sheeting for the containers. Do we have proper drawings with vertical and horizontal posts to check their stability as we are designing for the second floor also, it means, Container should take the load of another containers without one side sheeting.
Please suggest/provide if we have any details on this

amd007

Elite Member
I think you need to share lot many details for anybody to give you a solution or an opinion, some of the details are:
  1. The complete layout of the showroom including elevations and sections
  2. Sections should include the thickness of the container sheets and overall construction detail
  3. How old are the containers new or used ones, age of the containers
  4. Where is the site located is it near the coast or in the interiors free of saline environment
  5. How much rainfall in the zone where this setup is located?
Maybe then one could be in a postion to help you out.

Dear Thanks for your reply.
Typical details of floor plans attached.
1) 40 Feet Container dimensions; L = 12.0 m, B = 2.4 m, Height = 2.6 m approximately.
2) some of the container details are attached; Sheet thickness approximately = 1.6 mm to 2.0 mm;
3) Containers are new purchasing
4) Site Location more than 10 km from Sea.
5) Rainfall intensity is very less. No need to consider rainfall effect.

Actually, I am searching for exact analysis, design & construction details of a container. So we can try to provide additional posts wherever sheeting will be removed.

Attachments

• Container Showroom-Ground & First Floor-SUPERIMPOSED.pdf
    559.3 KB · Views: 64

amd007

Elite Member
Dear Thanks for your reply.
Typical details of floor plans attached.
1) 40 Feet Container dimensions; L = 12.0 m, B = 2.4 m, Height = 2.6 m approximately.
2) some of the container details are attached; Sheet thickness approximately = 1.6 mm to 2.0 mm;
3) Containers are new purchasing
4) Site Location more than 10 km from Sea.
5) Rainfall intensity is very less. No need to consider rainfall effect.

Actually, I am searching for exact analysis, design & construction details of a container. So we can try to provide additional posts wherever sheeting will be removed.

Vertical post recommended is ISMB 100 @ 11.5 kg/m @ 5m centre to centre, ht of container considered at 8'6"
Horizontal beam recommended is ISMB 100 @ 11.5 kg/m in both directions to form a square frame.
Proper foundation is recommended to rest the containers.
Ensure proper welding techniques at per IS code.
For external protection use of anti corrosive paint would improve life of the steel structure.

Attachments

• front view.pdf
    373.9 KB · Views: 32
  • member details.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 18
  • perspective view.pdf
    538.4 KB · Views: 32
  • top view of ground floor with steel framing details.pdf
    377.2 KB · Views: 20
  • top view of ground level.pdf
    207 KB · Views: 17
  • top view,first floor.pdf
    607.3 KB · Views: 28
Dear
Thank You very much. Excellent, Really I am Impressed. If possible please send me if there are any typical calculation if you worked out manually. If it is in soft ware just provide me input & output result to understand the concept of loading, analysis & design.
one more, I want to know the strength of profiled Sheet. how can be worked it out. I liked your Simple Portal frame concept.
If possible only send the details or otherwise I will work it out.
Thank You very much,
with best regards.

amd007

Elite Member
Dear
Thank You very much. Excellent, Really I am Impressed. If possible please send me if there are any typical calculation if you worked out manually. If it is in soft ware just provide me input & output result to understand the concept of loading, analysis & design.
one more, I want to know the strength of profiled Sheet. how can be worked it out. I liked your Simple Portal frame concept.
If possible only send the details or otherwise I will work it out.
Thank You very much,
with best regards.

You can refer to this website for further information.

You will need to gather information from here for your requirements.

I have tried to give you basic gist for the solution you had asked for.

Profile sheets cannot take loading all by themselves due to the buckling issue due to a rise in height hence we need to resort to structural members to strengthen the sheets.