How to Calculate Cut length of Haunch Bar of UGWT

How to Calculate Cut length of Haunch Bar of UGWT

file_2018_10_39_1811633705-jpg.1576

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
better you should post more details about your question, like posting an image which shows dimensions and properties of UGWT.

Not all designs are same and you might be having wrongly design tank drawing or detail.

sharing the detail will ensure other might have look at it and will try to post best answer for same.

Asking a question in single line will result in very general answers by public.

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Your hunch is in 45 degree and have height and width of 230mm.

Extend it to wall and raft and form a triangle

In wall area it will add up height of 250mm

so the height of triangle will be
250mm (wall) + 230mm(hunch) + 380mm(raft) - cover from both side

same way you will get base length of the triangle and it will be same.

Angle is 45 degree, you can calculate the length of bar by using any trigonometric equation. it will give you the length of bar which is in slope.

Rest is the LD / Anchorage Length as per dia and drawing details.

Omarbhati

Apprentice
file_2018_04_37_-215407246.jpg

There are two triangle's. Read the image care fully.. 75 mm is not the cover .to the bar it is just extra plaster given on outer face of the tank. If it were to be the cover to the reinforcement then RCC consultant would have shown that same inside of the tank also .. mind it. . Slant length I have calculated. But for complete length u need to add 2x LD AS PER UR RCC CONSULTANT general drwng.. I hope this helps...

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
View attachment 1580

There are two triangle's. Read the image care fully.. 75 mm is not the cover .to the bar it is just extra plaster given on outer face of the tank. If it were to be the cover to the reinforcement then RCC consultant would have shown that same inside of the tank also .. mind it. . Slant length I have calculated. But for complete length u need to add 2x LD AS PER UR RCC CONSULTANT general drwng.. I hope this helps...
75mm is a thickness of waterproofing, mostly its a shahabad type box water proofing.

rameshchandrapatel

BBS gives you the gist of the steel consumed theoretically. You need AUTOCAD file to get complete and illustrated details of steel used. If a billing or bbs engineer starts using detailed geometry in calculation it will take more time for estimation of steel.

Jayant Joshi

The best way to calculate such length of any type of bar is just plot it on some plywood of even surface at site with actual dimensions.

Draw bars also then based on actual size prepare one sample piece, check it by placing on plotted surface.

Take help of carpenter and bar benders normally they are very expert once you direct them.

Keep sample piece and ask bar bender to prepare required nos. of bars.

I have done this activity for haunch bars same way and was very easy and practical.

Reactions: arshau0777
Your hunch is in 45 degree and have height and width of 230mm.

Extend it to wall and raft and form a triangle

In wall area it will add up height of 250mm

so the height of triangle will be
250mm (wall) + 230mm(hunch) + 380mm(raft) - cover from both side

same way you will get base length of the triangle and it will be same.

Angle is 45 degree, you can calculate the length of bar by using any trigonometric equation. it will give you the length of bar which is in slope.

Rest is the LD / Anchorage Length as per dia and drawing details.
Sir hunch 450*150 and raft cover 75mm
Or hunch 40mm

Bro can u help me.. please solve this problem
This is the tricky question , and its answer is 0 .
The Height of Pole 50 m .
The Full Length of Cable is 80 m .
Half length cable is 40m .
The cable is 10 up from Ground . then we will find length of pole is 40 m. ( Remaing ) ( 50m - 10 m = 40 m)
so, the result is both poles are stand on zero distance .
Note : See Picture carefully , answer is hide in that pic.

Reactions: SteveGolu