Picture Quiz - What is it?

rameshchandrapatel

It may be a core barrel of a pile rig machine.

Also it would be nice, if you repost this question in the ASK QUESTION thread. This is to avoid unnecessary cluttering of the informative threads.

Last edited:
My apologies, Mr. Rameshchandrapatel - This was just posted for fun, not to clutter the thread - I am not looking for the answer, I'm the person who took the picture and thought the membership might enjoy a little quiz. In the future, I will post photo quizzes on the "Ask a Question" page - Again, accept my apologies.

By the way - Your answer is incorrect - But I'm sure someone will come up with the correct name. Have a great weekend!!

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
It look like tunnel boring core head but comparing to its size with container seen behind it. It look like a trench cutter head which drills and make trench without disturbing top ground profile.

I am not sure about it as i havent got chance to work with such technology and Infrastructure Projects.

archdevil

Royal Member
As far as I concerned it look like core barrel of like rig machine.but I am not sure about it as I quit piling 10 years back.keep on posting such a post which can help me in reviving my knowledge

Mr. Dynan is correct - It is a storm sewer jacking bore head. This head is sized to install a 60" diameter (1.5 meter) storm sewer. The machine operator sits inside the head and using hydraulic controls can steer the cutting head. The storm sewer sections are placed behind the cutting head and are hydraulically pushed into place. We use this type of installation frequently in cases where open cut excavations are not desirable.

BoreHeadInterior.JPG

Pit3.JPG