Pile Group Analysis Spreadsheet

Sumit Civil

Pile group analysis spreadsheet program written in MS-Excel for the purpose of analysis of pile groups with rigid caps using the "elastic method". Specifically, the properties of the pile group are calculated, and then based upon the applied vertical and horizontal loadings, the vertical and horizontal pile reactions are calculated. There is also a worksheet to check beam and punching shear in the pile cap for a single corner pile, for the purpose of estimating the required pile cap thickness and subsequent pile cap weight.

LINK

Sumit Civil Excellent worksheet! I like the fact that it's written for both metric and English users!

There may be members who have not gotten a chance to be in the field actually working with piling installation - I've written several articles on pile driving, this one contains a great primer/introduction as to what's involved:
Asking the Simple Question – The Solution

And if you are interested in how piles are monitored for capacity, this is a really neat article that addresses a couple of different ways to monitor capacity during pile driving:
Pile Driving Monitoring – An Alternate Method

Sumit Civil Excellent worksheet! I like the fact that it's written for both metric and English users!

There may be members who have not gotten a chance to be in the field actually working with piling installation - I've written several articles on pile driving, this one contains a great primer/introduction as to what's involved:
Asking the Simple Question – The Solution

And if you are interested in how piles are monitored for capacity, this is a really neat article that addresses a couple of different ways to monitor capacity during pile driving:
Pile Driving Monitoring – An Alternate Method
Updated links to the articles:

Pile group analysis spreadsheet program written in MS-Excel for the purpose of analysis of pile groups with rigid caps using the "elastic method". Specifically, the properties of the pile group are calculated, and then based upon the applied vertical and horizontal loadings, the vertical and horizontal pile reactions are calculated. There is also a worksheet to check beam and punching shear in the pile cap for a single corner pile, for the purpose of estimating the required pile cap thickness and subsequent pile cap weight.

LINK
thanks man