Plaster on Crystalline Waterproofing on RCC Wall

As per my knowledge, Crystalline Waterproofing compound is added to concrete mix.
Here, it is not creating any special bonding or anything likewise and also just hacking will not damage the concrete.
But to provide good mechanical bonding, RCC wall shall be hacked prior to plaster.

Mech42

My question was:

If i do Plaster on RCC wall (where already waterproofing done by Crystalline material) is it required to make tancha? As if I do tanch on wall it may damage waterproofing.

If I do tancha before waterproofing its time killing to give front for Waterproofing agency.

My question was:

If i do Plaster on RCC wall (where already waterproofing done by Crystalline material) is it required to make tancha? As if I do tanch on wall it may damage waterproofing.

If I do tancha before waterproofing its time killing to give front for Waterproofing agency.

If you have done any waterproofing coating of RCC then you need to protect it. So, hacking (tancha) is not a good option. You may go for some type of bonding agent (to be applied just before plaster).

In market lots of bonding agents are available i.e. latex based.

I have used one type of bonding agent when we were doing Gypsum Plaster (I have forgot the type & brand name, but u can search in market). That bonding agent comes with some coarser sand which sticks on the surface when you apply bonding agent on RCC surface, it also helps to give mechanical bonding.

• Love
Reactions: Dunga10

Mech42

Thanks a lot. It will help a lot.
If you have done any waterproofing coating of RCC then you need to protect it. So, hacking (tancha) is not a good option. You may go for some type of bonding agent (to be applied just before plaster).

In market lots of bonding agents are available i.e. latex based.

I have used one type of bonding agent when we were doing Gypsum Plaster (I have forgot the type & brand name, but u can search in market). That bonding agent comes with some coarser sand which sticks on the surface when you apply bonding agent on RCC surface, it also helps to give mechanical bonding.
Thanks it will help a lot.