Required suggestions on optimizing concrete mix design

VIDHYA SAGAR

Due to cost control, our management is not accepting the variations made at site level changes of mix design.
Rate of M sand is 1.80/- per Kg, 12.5mm & 20mm CA are 8.5/- and 8/- respectively.
As per original mix design the cost is less, obiviously as per site condition, i made some changes which is not accepting by top management.
In fact, they are not try to understand to do moisture correction also.
I made a letter what is required to do to change the mix design with in IS limits.
Enclosed for some suggestion from your end.
Regards,
Vidhyasagar.

Attachments

• Revised Request.docx
    15.9 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: MAR

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Then why you are not using fly ash or GGBS.

It will cutdown the cost and you can accomplish what you want in aggregate ratio.

If you need any help on mix design optimization you can message me all details through private conversation.

Will help you in saving cost and making better mix design.

Reactions: MAR

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
I had again closed look at you mix design.

I think you have more cement content, for M30 grade concrete, you can further reduce it to 350 Kg.

Do changes in mix as per your proportioning, reduce the cement content to 350 Kg and take trials of it (You might need to change admixture to achieve high water reduction and desired workability)

If you have any queries further more, you can ask by replying here.

Pawan Dhagate

Staff member
After considering most of the above suggestions , I suggest to do comparative trails for mix original and after revision and take observations . Second important thing is do comparative rate analysis for both mixes ,before you reply to top management . This will take approximately 7days for concrete trails results and your cost analysis in parallel .