STEEL RECONCILLATION

DEAR friends ,in my site steel reconcillation was done by engineer and we found 26MT steel was found missing.how to final the reconcillation statement.and kindly give me some examples of steel reconcillation

thanks

amd007

Elite Member
DEAR friends ,in my site steel reconcillation was done by engineer and we found 26MT steel was found missing.how to final the reconcillation statement.and kindly give me some examples of steel reconcillation

thanks

1. First of all, remove the total steel required by preparing BBS ( Bar Bending Schedule) in detail for all items of work where you have used the steel.
  2. Then check how much steel actually you have received at the site by going through the challans with the weightment slips for each consignment received.
  3. Consider the rolling margin (see details below)
  4. Consider the allowable wastage factor as per IS codes. ( conventionally wastage of steel is 2% of which 0.5% is not recoverable and 1.5% is scrap.The maximum permissible wastage is 3%)
  5. Now once you have obtained all the above data then reconciliation is:

Reconciliation of reinforcement= Material procured and received at site - Material used actually at site as per BBS

The Allowable deviation in Rolling Margin in R/f Steel ( IS 1786 ) :
8 mm to 10 mm : ± 7.0 %
12 mm to 16 mm : ± 5.0 %
20 mm & above : ± 3.0 %

Attachments

• steel reconciliation format.xlsx
    92.9 KB · Views: 526
Reactions: Anant Mishra
  1. First of all, remove the total steel required by preparing BBS ( Bar Bending Schedule) in detail for all items of work where you have used the steel.
  2. Then check how much steel actually you have received at the site by going through the challans with the weightment slips for each consignment received.
  3. Consider the rolling margin (see details below)
  4. Consider the allowable wastage factor as per IS codes. ( conventionally wastage of steel is 2% of which 0.5% is not recoverable and 1.5% is scrap.The maximum permissible wastage is 3%)
  5. Now once you have obtained all the above data then reconciliation is:

Reconciliation of reinforcement= Material procured and received at site - Material used actually at site as per BBS

The Allowable deviation in Rolling Margin in R/f Steel ( IS 1786 ) :
8 mm to 10 mm : ± 7.0 %
12 mm to 16 mm : ± 5.0 %
20 mm & above : ± 3.0 %
thanks a lot sir, it helped me to learn.