Surveying and its stages

Surveying or land surveying is the technique profession, and science of determining the terrestrial or three dimensional position of points and the distances and angles between them. A land surveying professional is called land surveyor. These points are usually on the surface of Ru earth and thing are often use to establish land maps and boundaries for ownership , locations like building corners or the surface location of surface features or other purposes required b government and civil law such as property sales. Surveyors works with elements of geometry ,trigonometry, regression, analysis, physics, engineering, metrology, programming languages and the law. They use equipment’s like total stations, robotic total stations, Gps receivers, retroreflectors, 3D scanners, radios, handheld tablets, digital levels, sub surface locators, drones, GIS and surveying software. Surveying has been an element in the development of the human environment since the beginning of recorded history . The planning and execution of most forms of constructions required it . It is also used in transport , communications, mapping and the definition of legal boundaries for land ownership. It is an important tool for research in many more scientific disciplines

Attachments

• Surveying and its stagesfinal.pdf
    783.2 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: HockeyPuck
I know that, in my old age, I end up repeating myself more-and-more, but this thought bears repeating: It is imperative that all civil engineer have a knowledge-base in surveying principles. The outline that Srinivasan provides in this post are an excellent set of starting points. Basic leveling, measuring & calculations are as fundamental to being a civil engineer as algebra and simple math - They are fundamental tools that should be in everyone's toolboxes.

If you are a young civil or construction engineer, I can't stress this enough: Take some time to spend with your surveyor. Learn the basics - Hands-on basics, not book-read basics. Even if it means you have to work some unpaid overtime hours or come in on a Saturday to help a survey crew out with their work, I guarantee that it will pay investment dividends for you as you move forward in your careers.

Cheers!!!

Reactions: Srinivasan

MAR

Founder Member
Surveying or land surveying is the technique profession, and science of determining the terrestrial or three dimensional position of points and the distances and angles between them. A land surveying professional is called land surveyor. These points are usually on the surface of Ru earth and thing are often use to establish land maps and boundaries for ownership , locations like building corners or the surface location of surface features or other purposes required b government and civil law such as property sales. Surveyors works with elements of geometry ,trigonometry, regression, analysis, physics, engineering, metrology, programming languages and the law. They use equipment’s like total stations, robotic total stations, Gps receivers, retroreflectors, 3D scanners, radios, handheld tablets, digital levels, sub surface locators, drones, GIS and surveying software. Surveying has been an element in the development of the human environment since the beginning of recorded history . The planning and execution of most forms of constructions required it . It is also used in transport , communications, mapping and the definition of legal boundaries for land ownership. It is an important tool for research in many more scientific disciplines

Thanks for sharing this information

It's very much useful for students for their Viva Questions