Testing frequency of AAC block?

amd007

Elite Member
Testing frequency I have listed down which we are following at our sites. Rest you can personalize as per your requirements.....

Manufacturer Name: Every Lot
Unit Weight- Every Lot
Bulk Density- Every Lot
Moisture Content- Every Lot
Drying Shrinkage- Once in 3 months
Thermal Conductivity- Once in 6 months
Compressive Strength- Every Lot
Water Absorption - Every Lot

One can decide on the tests to be conducted based on Structural Engineers requirements, generally reputed manufacturers are considered while going in for AAC block.

If testing is not possible, then manufacturers certificate from reputed testing laboratories also can be considered, however, I would recommend conducting tests mentioned above for better product quality at the site.

Testing of the product should always be billed to the manufacturer, it's our practice to get the first lot checked thoroughly and whenever there is a change of source of the product. Thereafter you can refer the Laboratory certificates, however whatever test possible on site should definitely be carried out.

Testing frequency I have listed down which we are following at our sites. Rest you can personalize as per your requirements.....

Manufacturer Name: Every Lot
Unit Weight- Every Lot
Bulk Density- Every Lot
Moisture Content- Every Lot
Drying Shrinkage- Once in 3 months
Thermal Conductivity- Once in 6 months
Compressive Strength- Every Lot
Water Absorption - Every Lot

One can decide on the tests to be conducted based on Structural Engineers requirements, generally reputed manufacturers are considered while going in for AAC block.

If testing is not possible, then manufacturers certificate from reputed testing laboratories also can be considered, however, I would recommend conducting tests mentioned above for better product quality at the site.

Testing of the product should always be billed to the manufacturer, it's our practice to get the first lot checked thoroughly and whenever there is a change of source of the product. Thereafter you can refer the Laboratory certificates, however whatever test possible on site should definitely be carried out.
Hello Sir..
Hope you are doing Great..
I am reading your Blogs since long ago..
Do you have any opinion regarding Conec Aerocon Block ??

amd007

Elite Member
Hello Sir..
Hello Sir..

Thanks, Sharad, am doing well, hope same prevails with you.

As regards Conec Aerocon Block I have heard about it, basically from Karnataka. Here we use brands available within our state as most of the works done by us conform to Green Building standards, hence we limit our suppliers to local manufacturers within a diameter of 500 km as otherwise the carbon footprint increases.

I would suggest you to refer to the IS code ( screenshot below for reference) my emphasis will be more on the Compressive strength, Density, Thermal conductivity, and water absorption.

Based on the compressive strength required by you, check the corresponding densities.

Get the blocks tested from a reputed laboratory so that the 2 or 4 factors which are important to you are verified and authenticated, then it doesn't mind which brand you are using so long as the quality is assured by the vendor. Cheers ;)

IS code ref.png

Reactions: Praveen455
Thanks, Sharad, am doing well, hope same prevails with you.

As regards Conec Aerocon Block I have heard about it, basically from Karnataka. Here we use brands available within our state as most of the works done by us conform to Green Building standards, hence we limit our suppliers to local manufacturers within a diameter of 500 km as otherwise the carbon footprint increases.

I would suggest you to refer to the IS code ( screenshot below for reference) my emphasis will be more on the Compressive strength, Density, Thermal conductivity, and water absorption.

Based on the compressive strength required by you, check the corresponding densities.

Get the blocks tested from a reputed laboratory so that the 2 or 4 factors which are important to you are verified and authenticated, then it doesn't mind which brand you are using so long as the quality is assured by the vendor. Cheers ;)

View attachment 3199
Thank You very much Sir..