What are the things to be consider while leaving hollow opening in beam for electrical and ac duct pipes. Is there is any code book to follow?

Karthick P

What are the things to be consider while leaving hollow opening in beam for electrical and ac duct pipes. Is there is any code book to follow?

this is depend upon the structural designer. for minor openings no exceeding .5 sqm nozzing angles can be provided in the corner of the opening to prevent damages to the corner. it is better if you can verify my general layout drawinngs posted in the forum shall gives you a fair idea

Karthick P

this is depend upon the structural designer. for minor openings no exceeding .5 sqm nozzing angles can be provided in the corner of the opening to prevent damages to the corner. it is better if you can verify my general layout drawinngs posted in the forum shall gives you a fair idea
5Sqm?? I cound'nt Imagine sir, Thanks for your answer, I even more curious to learn more about this area. so if possible suggest me some books to read.

Even i m also curious to know about the indian code if any, regarding the sleeves or duct to be left in beam.As far as I know the general tendancy is to provide sleeve in the middle portion of beam as when beam is subjected to loading in future the fibres are in neutral zone as compared to extreme fibres.