What are types of cement for different works??

sachin0102

Apprentice
Sir,
Generally, What are the types of cement used in construction work???
Like opc,ppc,psc but which type of cement is suitable for which work??
What are their advanatages ??

amd007

Elite Member
There are various types of cement used in concrete construction. Each type of cement has its own properties, uses, and advantages based on composition materials used during its manufacture. I have tried to compile it in a short format so enjoy... ;)

Attachments

• Types of cements and their uses in brief.pdf
    142 KB · Views: 103

sachin0102

Apprentice
There are various types of cement used in concrete construction. Each type of cement has its own properties, uses, and advantages based on composition materials used during its manufacture. I have tried to compile it in a short format so enjoy... ;)
Sir,
Your classification is appreciable.
And thanks for you rply.
But i want to know something different, like which cement is best for works like foundation of building, superstructure like beam slab, brickwork, plaster, tile work, etc.

sachin0102

Apprentice
Sir,

And thanks for you rply.

But i want to know something different, like which cement is best for works like foundation of building, superstructure like beam slab, brickwork, plaster, tile work, etc. And why this will be good??

Actually, economical and qualitative construction work is most important and as you know market rate of cement are different for type of cement(opc, ppc, psc). Hence without reducing quality, economical construction may be achieved by proper selection of materials(like cement).

amd007

Elite Member
Sir,

And thanks for you rply.

But i want to know something different, like which cement is best for works like foundation of building, superstructure like beam slab, brickwork, plaster, tile work, etc. And why this will be good??

Actually, economical and qualitative construction work is most important and as you know market rate of cement are different for type of cement(opc, ppc, psc). Hence without reducing quality, economical construction may be achieved by proper selection of materials(like cement).

Foundation work - OPC if sulfates are present then use SRC
Superstructure work- All RCC works use OPC with flyash/GGBS etc as per your MIX DESIGN.
Superstructure work- Masonry, plaster, waterproofing use PPC For tiling in dado it's preferable to use tile adhesives if the budget does not permit then you can use PPC.
For Roads, pavements - Use Rapid Hardening cement if you need to use it immediately else you can go for OPC.
For STP, septic tanks or any effluent treatment areas - Use SRC
For Italian marble or any marble flooring works - Use White cement not OPC or PPC
For Granite/Marble in dado - use tile adhesives

sachin0102

Apprentice
Superstructure work- All RCC works use OPC with flyash/GGBS etc as per your MIX DESIGN.
Superstructure work- Masonry, plaster, waterproofing use PPC For tiling in dado it's preferable to use tile adhesives if the budget does not permit then you can use PPC.
For Roads, pavements - Use Rapid Hardening cement if you need to use it immediately else you can go for OPC.
For Italian marble or any marble flooring works - Use White cement not OPC or PPC
Sir,
Where psc cement uses and their advanatage and disadvantages??

sachin0102

Apprentice
Thanks sir, for valuable information and knowledge.