Can anyone tell me the crank length in overlapping?

rameshchandrapatel

Crank is a slight bending in bars at the lap so that maintains the clear cover even at the lap position. The rule that is generally practiced is that the slope of crank 1:10 & minimum length of crank 300 mm.

Formula of Crank length = (d1+d2+5)*10mm
d1=diameter of smaller bar
d2=diameter of bigger bar

or 0.42 D with only one bar is cranked.

Reactions: HockeyPuck
Crank is a slight bending in bars at the lap so that maintains the clear cover even at the lap position. The rule that is generally practiced is that the slope of crank 1:10 & minimum length of crank 300 mm.

Formula of Crank length = (d1+d2+5)*10mm
d1=diameter of smaller bar
d2=diameter of bigger bar

or 0.42 D with only one bar is cranked.

In my 30+ years of road & bridge construction, I can't say that I've ever seen this applied, contact lap splices, even with large-diameter rebar have always been the norm. I guess I could see this type of detail being required in extremely tight or congested reinforced concrete elements where clear space between rebar is difficult to achieve.

rameshchandrapatel

In my 30+ years of road & bridge construction, I can't say that I've ever seen this applied, contact lap splices, even with large-diameter rebar have always been the norm. I guess I could see this type of detail being required in extremely tight or congested reinforced concrete elements where clear space between rebar is difficult to achieve.

In USA, quality is of utmost importance. In India, the scene is different. Even in large infrastructure projects of utmost importance, quality is not on the to do list.

Reactions: Kiran r
In USA, quality is of utmost importance. In India, the scene is different. Even in large infrastructure projects of utmost importance, quality is not on the to do list.
Sorry.ur argument is not acceptable to me.even in India quality given the high importance.because of some incompetent supervisory team this might have happened.i done lot of project ranging from marine to multi storied apartments.i think I never compromised.for heavensake don't degrade indians

Reactions: abhjitsawant

rameshchandrapatel

Sorry.ur argument is not acceptable to me.even in India quality given the high importance.because of some incompetent supervisory team this might have happened.i done lot of project ranging from marine to multi storied apartments.i think I never compromised.for heavensake don't degrade indians

Not degrading Indians but practices followed by them. Don't know about small companies, but Indian MNCs like L&T are also following the same.