Comparative Analysis Between Pre Engineered Building and Conventional Systems of Building

Comparative Analysis Between Pre Engineered Building and Conventional Systems of Building

Pre-Engineered Building

Design Criteria
A.I.S.C / M.B.M.A / A.W.S

Weight
About 30% lighter through the efficient use of steel.

Design
Quick and efficient since standardization of PEB has reduced design time. Basic designs are used over and over.
Design, detail drawings and erection drawing are supplied free of cost by manufacturer.

Base Material
Steel PEB system uses all steel to meet 50,000 P.S.I minimum yield including cladding

Foundations
Simple design, easy to construct and lightweight

Accessories
Designed to fit the system, with standardized interchangeable parts, including pre designed flashings and trims.
Mass produced for economy

Delivery
Average 6 to 8 weeks

Erection
Easy fast step by step. Erection costs &time are accurately known, based upon extensive experience with similar buildings

Architecture
Outstanding architectural design can be achieved at low cost. Conventional wall and fascia materials can be utilized.

Overall Price
Price per square meter may be as much as 40% lower than conventional steel.

Sourcing and coordination
Building is supplied complete with cladding and all accessories

Changes
Very flexible, tailor made, accepts changes and revisions easily

Responsibility
Single source of supply results in total responsibility for one supplier.

Performance
All components have been specified and designed specifically to act together as a system, for maximum efficiency, precise fit-up and performance in field.

Now take a look at
Conventional Systems of Building

Design Criteria
J.I.S /D.I.N / B.S

Weight
Steel members sizes must be selected from standard hot rolled sections which are heavier

Design
Designed from scratch by the consultant with fewer design aids available
Generalized computer analysis programs require extensive input / output and design iterations

Base Material
In most (90%) cases base material is 36,000 P.S.I minimum yield

Foundations
Extensive heavy foundations required

Accessories
Every project requires special designs for accessories and special sourcing for each Flashings and trims must be uniquely designed and fabricated

Delivery
Average 20 to 24 weeks

Erection
Slow, extensive field labor required. Typically 20% more expensive than PEB. Erection time and costs are not estimated accurately.

Architecture
Special architectural design requires research and high cost.

Overall Price
High price per square meter.

Sourcing and coordination
Many sources of supply.

Changes
Changes, revisions and additions can be difficult due to extensive redesign and coordination among suppliers and sub-contractors

Responsibility
Multiple responsibilities

Performance
Design and detailing errors are possible in assembling diverse configurations.

Reactions: zainulabedeen7