construction skill development - write up

Skills have become an integral part of boosting capabilities and enhancing employment opportunities which are instrumental in building the economy and improving the society. The importance of advanced skill sets and quality resources has increased tremendously in the last decade. Unfortunately, India has just little over 3 percent of its workforce which is formally trained, whereas China has over 80 percent.

Over the last couple of years, skilling has become one of the primary focus points for the government. This is largely on account of the skill crunch that employers face due to the dysfunctional education system that is churning out people who aren’t job- ready. Dearth of trainers, absence of a well-suited curriculum and lack of proper infrastructure makes these students unemployable.

In order to bridge the gap, Govt. has introduced programs to skill the youth and prepare them for jobs. Also, Government has reformed the apprenticeship system to make it conducive for employers to create talent as per their needs. However, the adoption is slow by the industry against what was anticipated. India has just about 4 lakh apprentices with little over forty thousand employers.

Skilling needs to be an integral part of the education system. This has been best demonstrated by European countries where Government, employers, academia and community have equal participation in making a healthy skilling ecosystem. They focus on skilling right at the early learning days of a child, thus building transversal skills which sets the foundation for quality education.

Also, apprenticeships are an integral part of the skilling process, which is, in turn, increasing the employability quotient in the students and making them more relevant to the demands of the employer. Not only large, but even small, micro and medium employers actively participate in apprenticeships. More so, connectivity to higher education makes it the best career route for the youth. Credit system entitles them to get lateral entry into degree programs. Tight governance ensures necessary checks and balances are in place to achieve the desired output.

find enclosed herewith detailed write up on construction development skills. in this write up i try to cover up all subjects in the real estate industry.for any clarification suggestion please write to us

Today jobs are becoming more and more specialized which need multidimensional skills. This has lead to employers paying more heed to capabilities instead of qualification The skill gap which is ever widening is also becoming complex in nature with every passing s day. Technology is transforming the jobs and the skills required to handle these jobs are also going through the evolution. Creativity, adaptability and decision-making abilities are becoming hygiene skills.

Attachments

• BUILDING CONSTRUCTION SKILLS-PROJ CHK LIST AND PROCEDURES.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 604

Dina

je suis intéressé mais un problème tous vos documents sont en anglais aide moi en avoir en français.

Google Translation
I am interested but a problem all your documents are in English help me to have in French.

archdevil

Royal Member
je suis intéressé mais un problème tous vos documents sont en anglais aide moi en avoir en français.

Google Translation
I am interested but a problem all your documents are in English help me to have in French.
I am not good in french.why can't u try Google tranlation

Excellent advices as usual Srinivasan - Cheers!!

I will spend some time this weekend reading through the document - As you mention in your post, this type of information is very useful for newly-minted construction engineers of all disciplines.

For your consideration: Section 3 - Backfilling & Compaction - You may wish to consider adding some notes regarding moisture control of the materials and how it can effect compactive efforts. I've found that, often times, folks involved with the placement & compaction of materials, both cohesive and non-cohesive, forget how much moisture content variations, even 1% or 2%, can effect compaction....

Excellent advices as usual Srinivasan - Cheers!!

I will spend some time this weekend reading through the document - As you mention in your post, this type of information is very useful for newly-minted construction engineers of all disciplines.

For your consideration: Section 3 - Backfilling & Compaction - You may wish to consider adding some notes regarding moisture control of the materials and how it can effect compactive efforts. I've found that, often times, folks involved with the placement & compaction of materials, both cohesive and non-cohesive, forget how much moisture content variations, even 1% or 2%, can effect compaction....
Thanks for your valuable comments.i check and do the needful