Difference between weigh batching & volume batching

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Batching is a process of taking specified quantity of materials for further processing i.e. - for doing concrete

Volume batching
In this methode ingredients of concrete taken in a proportion as specified via measuring Volume of it
And generally volume batching done in proportions like 1:2:4, 1:1:2 etc

Material is taken in proportion with known volume measuring cylender / farma / tesla / ghamela / box etc

Say you want to make concrete of 1:2:4 via volume batching

Then you will take 1 farma cement then 2 farma crush sand and 4 farma 20mm.
Will do add water as per proportion, and concrete is produced.

The above method is simply name as Volume batching.

Weight Batching

Here instead of volume, ingredients are taken as per weight.

For doing weight batching, you need to have designed concrete mix or Volume proportional mix converted to weight.

Example
Mix for weight batching
Cement - 300 kg
Crush sand - 920kg
20mm - 1200 kg(this mix is just for indication of batching process)

For doing weight batching you required a weight measuring device and hopper / conveyor
Weight batching can be done manually or can happen automatic

In RMC plant weight batching happen through program automatically, all ingredients are taken to their accurate quantity within tolerance limit.

At site we can do manually
We required weight batcher consist of hopper and balance arm to show weight reading
Put the required quantity of material in hopper till arm matches the mark level which indicate weight taken are equal to set quantity.

Once you take material as per weight, then they are discharge into mixer for further processing i.e.- to produce concrete.

Above process of measuring material is weight batching

Batching is a process of taking specified quantity of materials for further processing i.e. - for doing concrete

Volume batching
In this methode ingredients of concrete taken in a proportion as specified via measuring Volume of it
And generally volume batching done in proportions like 1:2:4, 1:1:2 etc

Material is taken in proportion with known volume measuring cylender / farma / tesla / ghamela / box etc

Say you want to make concrete of 1:2:4 via volume batching

Then you will take 1 farma cement then 2 farma crush sand and 4 farma 20mm.
Will do add water as per proportion, and concrete is produced.

The above method is simply name as Volume batching.

Weight Batching

Here instead of volume, ingredients are taken as per weight.

For doing weight batching, you need to have designed concrete mix or Volume proportional mix converted to weight.

Example
Mix for weight batching
Cement - 300 kg
Crush sand - 920kg
20mm - 1200 kg(this mix is just for indication of batching process)

For doing weight batching you required a weight measuring device and hopper / conveyor
Weight batching can be done manually or can happen automatic

In RMC plant weight batching happen through program automatically, all ingredients are taken to their accurate quantity within tolerance limit.

At site we can do manually
We required weight batcher consist of hopper and balance arm to show weight reading
Put the required quantity of material in hopper till arm matches the mark level which indicate weight taken are equal to set quantity.

Once you take material as per weight, then they are discharge into mixer for further processing i.e.- to produce concrete.

Above process of measuring material is weight batching

How convert to the weight batch to volume batch method... i need calculation format...