Help regarding courses provided by consultancies

I have seen a company in Bangalore, providing master program courses for structures and BIM, where they are providing 6+ software knowledge on each and industrial projects to solve and are giving training on how to solve it. For that, they are providing experience letter and course completion certificate. I thought of taking up the course, because most of the companies are asking for experience, but I didn't get any support, in the sense, that nobody from family and friends side has belief in that sort of company training. Since fee is much higher, I cannot take up a decision quickly. please tell me if we have that sort experience and completion certificate, can we get job easily?

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Such experience letter will never help you in getting the Job.

That Company might be training you in using the software's and its functionality. by learning those software, your scope of Job will become related to that software, If you wish to make a career as a software operator, you can choose that but such works might have less scope.

As you haven't mention the names of software, i can not tell much about it.

To get a Job those certificate might be an added advantage but may not make you secure it, if other candidates have much more skills and ready to work on small pay-scale.

When there is a need for someone to do a specific tasks, the company creates a Job post at various portals or do ask their employees to refer interested candidate.

Once the list of candidate is made, then they do start sorting the list and picks the candidates which best suitable for the requirement.

Then that list is handed-over to person who is going to take interview, he / she then again do shortlisting base on details given in profile.

The candidate profiles which meets the requirement then made ready for face to face interview.

In interview the various aspects are seen along with commercials.

Finally the candidates are chosen by interviewer base on his / her expertise in judging the people, sometimes, a wrong pick too happens which is then corrected by not confirming such candidate.

So basically whatever paper you have in your hand, its you who sells your services to prospective buyer by doing your proper marketing.

I hope this might be helpful for you.

Thank you so much for the quick reply.
I am looking to get a job in the industry and so, I need more details between the industry and these course knowledge.

They have given in their company's website that, once we've completed their course, we can be able to solve a full project. I don't know how effective it is. But as a job hunter, I wish to know in detail about the industry and ways to get in.

In that company, they said that, for structures, softwares such as Etabs, stadd pro, safe, rcdc, prokon, csi bridge, sap and 15+ live projects to work on.
And for BIM, revit (arch, structures, mep), naviswork, MSP, autocad, synchro and some concepts with 15+ live projects are provided to work on
I enquired about the courses with that company's MD, he said that, If both the courses are completed, One can become a full civil engineer and can be able to solve all sorts of industrial, residential and commercial projects.

I need to know apart from these site engineer and software oriented jobs such as structures, BIM and project management, what are the other works in the industry. And if we have basic software knowledge such as Etabs, stadd pro and revit can we get job without any experience?

Please help me. Thanks in advance

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
once we've completed their course, we can be able to solve a full project
its very funny quote, such thing wont happen in real life because many kinds of problems are involved in each project which are solved by using experience gain so far.

If both the courses are completed, One can become a full civil engineer
I really would like to know about that company which makes Civil Engineers by teaching some software's.

I need to know apart from these site engineer and software oriented jobs such as structures, BIM and project management, what are the other works in the industry.
Civil Engineering has many divisions / Departments in it which works together for achieving goal of project completion, such as Survey, Quantity Estimate and Budgeting, Contracts, Billing, Planning, Quality etc.

if we have basic software knowledge such as Etabs, stadd pro and revit can we get job without any experience?
A Big No, because the Software has its own applications and limited to particular departments.

Every Civil Engineer do start his / her Career as a fresher, no one comes with knowledge in this world. everybody learn and understand this world by experiencing it.

I understand its difficult to get a job without having experience but spending the money and getting basic knowledge of software will not help in getting Job.

Everybody who wish to learn a software should also make study on where those software's are used and what kind of Job role peoples do have, how much Jobs are there in market for such kind of roles etc.

Learning a Software for Civil Engineering application is a good thing, it makes life easier only if its part of your Job or its only your Job. If the software you learnt is not applicable for Job you are applying, then it make no sense of having a certificate of that software course.

Example - I am applying for a post of billing engineer or say planning engineer.

If i show a certificate of software like Staad Pro or E Tab, it does not make any sense at that place as we know those softwares are used for designing of structure. so if i am applying for a Job at Structural Consultant Firm for the post of Designer or Draftsman, then having the certificate of that course makes a sense.

I hope now you might have understood my point of view.