how to pour the concrete in heavy reinforced column?

No It is not a design failure, often structural designers use such heavy reinforcement as per the need of the structure mostly in high-rise structures.

The only option to cater to such needs is Self Compacting Concrete or SCC (Easycrete, Agilia, Flowcrete, etc brand names) which will be having only 12.5mm or 10mm as maximum size of aggregates.
You can watch the video over here

The main advantages of using SCC are :-
1 High Flow 650mm+
2 Better Mouldability (Covers every nook and corner of the mould)
3 High Surface Finish
4 Speedy construction
5 No Vibration is needed
6 Reduced Noise Pollution

Main Application areas are :-
1 High/Dense/Congested reinforcement structures
2 Retaining Walls
3 Thin cross-section Columns/walls/Architectural shapes
4 Mass Rafts/foundations
5 Pile Foundation

I don't think I've ever seen a column that congested....wow....

Manawareqba video of the high slump / high flow mix is the only way you're going to get concrete placed in there. These are typically small-aggregate mixes with superplasticizers that provide the high slump & flow characteristics.

One thing to remember: Don't let the term "Self Consolidating Mix," particularly when you will have exposed faces of concrete, trick you into thinking you don't need to vibrate anything. In this case, since there's no room to use internal concrete vibrators, the Contractor would be wise to use external form vibrators to make sure the surfaces close up. I wouldn't be comfortable relying on the high flow characteristics of the mix to provide a 100% void-free surface finish. If you've never seen them used, here's a good video showing them.

Reactions: Manawareqbal
I don't think I've ever seen a column that congested....wow....

Manawareqba video of the high slump / high flow mix is the only way you're going to get concrete placed in there. These are typically small-aggregate mixes with superplasticizers that provide the high slump & flow characteristics.

One thing to remember: Don't let the term "Self Consolidating Mix," particularly when you will have exposed faces of concrete, trick you into thinking you don't need to vibrate anything. In this case, since there's no room to use internal concrete vibrators, the Contractor would be wise to use external form vibrators to make sure the surfaces close up. I wouldn't be comfortable relying on the high flow characteristics of the mix to provide a 100% void-free surface finish. If you've never seen them used, here's a good video showing them.

Exactly Using Self Compacting/Consolidation concrete is not as easy as it looks, lot of parameters has to be checked whether to use it or not.
It has to be looked for leak proof shutters, also for exposed walls or shear walls we have to look for the Clear-cover if it is greater than the maximum size of aggregate or not, concrete having msa=12.5 mm will fail to give better surface finish if my CC is 10/12.5mm.

Obviously external/Surface vibrators are suffice/ necessary for normal or Semi Self Flow Concrete.

Reactions: HockeyPuck