I need internship

Hi All,
I completed my 3rd year in civil engineering.I'm intrested to do internship in this summer so pls guide me to get an internship. Thanks you
Location- Banglore,Chennai

Hi All,
I completed my 3rd year in civil engineering.I'm intrested to do internship in this summer so pls guide me to get an internship. Thanks you

I am not sure how to get admitted for the internship, because at our time it was not so....
However as per observation I can guide you.
1) Apply to HR manager of the company, to which you wish to work. The application might be through you college.
2)If you have any referral in the same company try to approach through him.
3) The internship-working (learning) costs additional on the company to carry out your tool-box, safety etc related issues.
4)Choose your interested field like, Builder, Govt. Contractor, again field like type of construction e.g. road-infra, railways, airports, ports, dams etc...
5) If you have friends with past experience in internship, take help and their experience, accordingly choose the company.
6) by default the company should certify your internship, so make this clear from the company.

Thanks

Reactions: Mohammed
I am not sure how to get admitted for the internship, because at our time it was not so....
However as per observation I can guide you.
1) Apply to HR manager of the company, to which you wish to work. The application might be through you college.
2)If you have any referral in the same company try to approach through him.
3) The internship-working (learning) costs additional on the company to carry out your tool-box, safety etc related issues.
4)Choose your interested field like, Builder, Govt. Contractor, again field like type of construction e.g. road-infra, railways, airports, ports, dams etc...
5) If you have friends with past experience in internship, take help and their experience, accordingly choose the company.
6) by default the company should certify your internship, so make this clear from the company.

Thanks
Thanks for sharing information

amd007

Elite Member
Hi All,

• First of all please take a INTERNSHIP LETTER from your college.
  • Then survey in and around your place of residence for any civil/construction works going on and approach the project manager at the site directly, most of the builders,developers definately keep interns if the college has provided a letter of INTERSHIP.
  • Select location close to your home so that you don't have to incur expenses on traveling, so it will not hurt even if the employer will not pay you, however as per the government rules the minimum stipend payable as per the apprenticeship act of 1961 ( Recently, the Ministry of Labour and Employment, through its Notification G.S.R. 680(E) dated September 22, 2014 prescribed the minimum rate of stipend per month payable to trade apprentices. The minimum rate of stipend per month shall be calculated as a percentage of the minimum wage of semi-skilled workers of the respective state or union territory which will be, namely (a) seventy percent during the first year of training, (b) eighty per cent during the second year, and (c) ninety per cent during the third and the fourth year. Further, in the event the minimum rate of wage for a trade is not notified by any state or union territory, then, the maximum of minimum wages of the scheduled employment for semi-skilled workers shall be considered for paying the stipend.
    The minimum rate of stipend per month for trade apprentices shall be calculated as the percentage of minimum wage of semi-skilled workers. As a result of the change, the minimum wage payable to trade apprentices has increased and will be subject to change in the event of the change of minimum wage payable in each state and union territory. The amendment shall come into force with immediate effect from the date of publication i.e. September 22, 2014.

Previously, the minimum rate of stipend per month payable to trade apprentices was as under (a) Rs.2,100 during the first year of training, (b) Rs.2,400 during the second year, (c) Rs.2,800 during the third, and (d) Rs.3,100 during the fourth year.)
  • So some stipend may be passed on to you if the builder is good if not dont crib enjoy the training as you will start getting salary after you finish the course.
  • You can also approach your college as sometimes colleges also tie up with good local builders/developers.
  • Wish you all the best for your training

Reactions: Mohammed
  • Then survey in and around your place of residence for any civil/construction works going on and approach the project manager at the site directly, most of the builders,developers definately keep interns if the college has provided a letter of INTERSHIP.
  • Select location close to your home so that you don't have to incur expenses on traveling, so it will not hurt even if the employer will not pay you, however as per the government rules the minimum stipend payable as per the apprenticeship act of 1961 ( Recently, the Ministry of Labour and Employment, through its Notification G.S.R. 680(E) dated September 22, 2014 prescribed the minimum rate of stipend per month payable to trade apprentices. The minimum rate of stipend per month shall be calculated as a percentage of the minimum wage of semi-skilled workers of the respective state or union territory which will be, namely (a) seventy percent during the first year of training, (b) eighty per cent during the second year, and (c) ninety per cent during the third and the fourth year. Further, in the event the minimum rate of wage for a trade is not notified by any state or union territory, then, the maximum of minimum wages of the scheduled employment for semi-skilled workers shall be considered for paying the stipend.
    The minimum rate of stipend per month for trade apprentices shall be calculated as the percentage of minimum wage of semi-skilled workers. As a result of the change, the minimum wage payable to trade apprentices has increased and will be subject to change in the event of the change of minimum wage payable in each state and union territory. The amendment shall come into force with immediate effect from the date of publication i.e. September 22, 2014.

Previously, the minimum rate of stipend per month payable to trade apprentices was as under (a) Rs.2,100 during the first year of training, (b) Rs.2,400 during the second year, (c) Rs.2,800 during the third, and (d) Rs.3,100 during the fourth year.)
  • So some stipend may be passed on to you if the builder is good if not dont crib enjoy the training as you will start getting salary after you finish the course.
  • You can also approach your college as sometimes colleges also tie up with good local builders/developers.
Thanks u very much sir

Sir, should I mention the company name on the letter from college or should I get the blank letter just mentioning for internship purposes

amd007

Elite Member
Sir, should I mention the company name on the letter from college or should I get the blank letter just mentioning for internship purposes

Company name not required, if some company is ready to take you as an intern and if the company wants the college to insert the name then you can ask your college to do the needful