i want to start a construction project of mine From where should i start?

i want to start a construction project of mine. The project cost is around 5-6 cr. From where should i start?
I have not yet started anything. I need to know how will i be able to manage the finances etc

Reactions: Bhupalkumar

amd007

Elite Member
From your question its not very clear whether you want to become a Builder Cum Developer or get into Contracting. Lets presume with this budget you intend to start with a construction company so you will need to do the following:

1. Make a business plan
  2. Decide the location of your business
  3. Find a place from where you will operate
  4. If you don't own a place then taking an office on rent is a better option
  5. Choose your company type i.e proprietor, partnership,Pvt ltd etc ( you can take expert advice here by hiring a CA etc)
  6. Open a bank account for the business
  7. What is your target audience like buildings scheme, bungalow scheme, mass housing etc decide on it, once finalized then appoint an Architect, Structural Engineer, Liasoning Architect, Service consultants etc
  8. Deploy your construction team which would comprise of a project manager, project engineer, supervisors, stores etc along with accounts team, purchase team etc.
Next, comes running the business.

1. Appointment of the marketing team or nowadays builders take help of channel partners and finish off their marketing issues so marketing your product becomes much easier and accountable.
  2. Award the work on with material basis to a turnkey contractor with good credentials and get your construction team to handle the construction
  3. Take lock n key from the contractor and hand over to your CRM team for handing over the product to the customers
  4. Collect the money and starting minting further.
This much is free however if you desire A to Z of starting a construction project then you need to approach the paid services of CIVIL4M.....Cheers:D;)