Need guidance to start my career

I am civil engineering graduate. Unfortunately I am happened to join in a market research company under contractual period for 2.9 years. Recently my bond period has got over and immediately I've relieved from that company because of my passion to become a civil engineer. Now, this lockdown and career break from civil engineering field for this 2.9 years panick me. Please help me how can I improve myself to get in to core field. I am blank now, I don't know how to start and where to start. Please guide me to start my career in core field

go through this thread you might get some insight into civil engineering options.
Thank you so much for the suggestion. But how can we grab the opportunity if we are new to the industry. how can we approach industry with experience in some other field. I am applying for all the posts which I see in job sites like naukri, linkedin, shine.com, etc. but, I am getting either negative response or no response from the company side. I am not given a try even. Kindly help me how to reach or approach the industry.

amd007

Elite Member
Thank you so much for the suggestion. But how can we grab the opportunity if we are new to the industry. how can we approach industry with experience in some other field. I am applying for all the posts which I see in job sites like naukri, linkedin, shine.com, etc. but, I am getting either negative response or no response from the company side. I am not given a try even. Kindly help me how to reach or approach the industry.

Let me tell you clearly each and every CIVIL ENGINEER has started a FRESH without any experience, so every engineer is a FRESHER at least you have studied the subject of CIVIL ENGINEERING so FULL MARKS TO YOU HERE.. SO DONT WORRY.

First of all, make a good resume some formats were shared by Mr. Dnyan Deshmukh could work as a guideline. ( search in this forum)

All these online portals do have the vacancies, however, what I feel from your comments is that currently there is no GOAL FIXED BY YOU i.e what exactly you want to be? a SITE ENGINEER , a BILLING ENGINEER, a QUANTITY SURVEYOR, a QC ENGINEER, a PLANNING ENGINEER, a SALES ENGINEER, a STRUCTURAL ENGINEER etc.

Once you decide on this, then I would suggest you based on your liking, first find out 10 companies which could have these vacancies and if they are within your vicinity then you can make a WALK-IN to their offices and meet the H.O.D and submit your RESUME.

You can try this with CLIENT FIRMS AS WELL AS CONTRACTORS. YOU WILL DEFINATELY GET A JOB AS LOT OF VACANCIES EXIST AT LOWER SALARIES so you can start off with a lower salary and gather experience. Once you gather the desired experience then Salary would not be an issue.

Even when you get a small-time job continue doing it and keep looking out for better options.

i have done my mtech from construction technology management but i dont know where i use it. - Civil4M go through this link it will be useful.

Good Luck :)

Reactions: HockeyPuck
Let me tell you clearly each and every CIVIL ENGINEER has started a FRESH without any experience, so every engineer is a FRESHER at least you have studied the subject of CIVIL ENGINEERING so FULL MARKS TO YOU HERE.. SO DONT WORRY.

First of all, make a good resume some formats were shared by Mr. Dnyan Deshmukh could work as a guideline. ( search in this forum)

All these online portals do have the vacancies, however, what I feel from your comments is that currently there is no GOAL FIXED BY YOU i.e what exactly you want to be? a SITE ENGINEER , a BILLING ENGINEER, a QUANTITY SURVEYOR, a QC ENGINEER, a PLANNING ENGINEER, a SALES ENGINEER, a STRUCTURAL ENGINEER etc.

Once you decide on this, then I would suggest you based on your liking, first find out 10 companies which could have these vacancies and if they are within your vicinity then you can make a WALK-IN to their offices and meet the H.O.D and submit your RESUME.

You can try this with CLIENT FIRMS AS WELL AS CONTRACTORS. YOU WILL DEFINATELY GET A JOB AS LOT OF VACANCIES EXIST AT LOWER SALARIES so you can start off with a lower salary and gather experience. Once you gather the desired experience then Salary would not be an issue.

Even when you get a small-time job continue doing it and keep looking out for better options.

i have done my mtech from construction technology management but i dont know where i use it. - Civil4M go through this link it will be useful.

Good Luck :)
Thank you so much for such a valuable words. I will definitely try out. Thanks again