Required suggestion for starting the businesses...!

DeepakTewatiya

Hi...
All respected seniors.
I have more than 5.0 years experience, also presently working in a repotted organization, but I am not satisfied with 9-5.0PM job. I want to start my own businesses presently with the job, you are all requested kindly suggest to me & help me.
Thanks.

Deepak, starting & running a successful business is a significant endeavor. It will require you to commit your efforts to a multitude of areas of focus, some that you may already be familiar with but others that you will need to learn as you go. I speak from experience: I started a small engineering division within a company that I was working for and successfully ran it for 5+ years. I literally started it from scratch: Just an idea that I floated past our company's president that he fully supported. Looking back, it was an extremely rewarding experience, but, it certainly came with sacrifices along the way. Running a business is not a 9-5 endeavor; it takes long days & nights of hard work, stress, an occasional night of lost sleep, and a seemingly endless stream of paperwork, but, if you love what you do, all the effort is worth it.

My humble advice: Every great leader needs a plan. Spend some time this weekend charting a course, and not just thinking about it, but actually writing it down. Have a plan & a strategy for every initial step that you will need to take: Clients, projects, proposals, business licensing & financing, equipment & software needs - These will all be significant areas that you need to have a strategy for. As the leader, it will be your job to assemble all of these pieces into a functional operation so that you can confidently sign a contract with a client and deliver on your end of the promise. It sounds daunting, and it is daunting, but it is also extremely rewarding.

If you can find the book Starting a New Design Firm, or Risking It All!: Stasiowski, Frank A.: 9780471585763: Amazon.com: Books , this was my go-to #1 reference when I started putting my business plan together. Assuming you are considering starting an engineering or professional services company, it is a fantastic resource, one that I can't recommend enough.

Keep the membership posted on your journey - I'm sure there are other members with similar aspirations who might be able to learn from your experiences - Cheers!!

Last edited: