The splicing of the reinforcement bars in RCC beams can be done at a section where -

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
The splicing of the reinforcement bars in RCC beams can be done at a section where -

(a) Bending moment is zero

(b) bending moment is less than the maximum bending moment

(c) Bending moment is less than half of the maximum B M on the beam

(d) Shear force is zero.

The correct Answer Is
(c) Bending moment is less than half of the maximum B M on the beam

Reactions: Sumit Civil

Aakash Dudhat

Apprentice
Important point keep in mind for providing Splicing of bar For construction
It is a type of joint in which two bars are wind up so that the force is transfer from one bar to another bar safely.

Before reading this article must-read " What is lapping length in reinforcement bar" for Definition and type of joint

Splicing of Bars - Civil Experience
Splicing of Bars - Civil Experience

Note:-

• Normally Splicing of Reinforcement Bars provided for bar diameter which is less than 36 mm and after larger diameter of the bar we provided welding foe joint

• If the Diameter of bar greater then 36 mm prefer welded joint

• To avoid the failure of joint the diameter of Splicing of Reinforcement Bars is restricted

• If two different diameter bar is to be spliced for lap length calculation take the smaller diameter of Splicing of Reinforcement Bars

• The splicing should not be done at the center of beam & at the support

The splicing should be done where the bending Moment less than or equal to (<=) 50% of MR (Moment of resistance)

Also read:-

What is Development length of Reinforcement bars

Reactions: Rakesh Patel

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Hello Aakash,

Kindly do not spam here with your textbooks knowledge.

As reading such thing really shoots up my blood very fast.

You do not have any idea about what you are doing, so kindly stop at-least posting such things at civil4m.com and behave like grownup. i do not know about will this blogspot will be live forever, but i do not want you to regret in your life when you grownup and visits civil4m in future or someone makes you remember of it.

Reactions: Aakash Dudhat

Aakash Dudhat

Apprentice
Hello Aakash,

Kindly do not spam here with your textbooks knowledge.

As reading such thing really shoots up my blood very fast.

You do not have any idea about what you are doing, so kindly stop at-least posting such things at civil4m.com and behave like grownup. i do not know about will this blogspot will be live forever, but i do not want you to regret in your life when you grownup and visits civil4m in future or someone makes you remember of it.

i'm new here so thank you for guild me, from were i delete that post

but post is from my personal knowledge so there is any mistake correct me
thank you

Reactions: Rakesh Patel

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
I left it for time to come for making you understand what actually i was trying to communicate to you.

I do not want to discuss it further because it will turn as a competition with each other to prove something pointlessly.

Even if you really think of sharing what you learnt so far, kindly do answer to questions of many, who are trying to learn structural designing and also other subjects of your experience and expertise.

Link to forum is pasted below;

there is difference between spamming and answering - spamming somebody is easier than answering or helping.

Reactions: Aakash Dudhat