Use of bagasse ash in preparing concrete.....Being an organic material it will be affected by moisture content or not????

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
I never used a sugarcane ash in concrete. Cant say much about its properties.

It is always better to do invention by using new materials in concrete.

Moisture in the ash do not make any issue in concrete, provided we do moisture correction before doing concrete batching (like how we do for aggregates)

If you ask me about industrial waste called as flyash is basically inert material and wont take any action unless the concrete is hydrating.

It reacts with co2, emitted during hydration and forms a calcium compounds (so use of such material takes project under green construction, because its reduces the co2 emission from concrete).

I hope the properties of sugar cane ash might be similar, if its take direct part in consolidation then it would not have called as waste.

You can always try to use new material and save the cement for future generations and making building greens.

i suggest you to study its properties and implement it in concrete.

If you want anything from me, more on this subject you can post your questions by replying here.

Reactions: SANJIB 8013
Moisture in the ash do not make any issue in concrete, provided we do moisture correction before doing concrete batching (like how we do for aggregates)........

Pls do let me know more on moisture correction