advantages and disadvantages of using cut and bent steel?

amd007

Elite Member
Can you further clarify with some sketch or photos what exactly you mean by cut and bent steel? Request to ask the question with more details so one is able to answer it.

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
I hope by stating cut and bend steel, you are interested in knowing, instead of doing it at site, what are advantages and disadvantages of ordering steel which comes in stated cut size and by bending in required shapes.

The trend i seen a decade ago when a company come with an idea to provide ready made steel like RMC, instead of going in details i will come to a conclusion.

Advantages of using ready made steel RMS
- You do not required additional space for making a cutting and bending yard.
- Your dead stock inventory becomes zero for procurement of the steel.
- You can order a steel when you required and it will get delivered in a day.
- as the steel is cut and bent on machines which are connected to a computer program the production capacity is very high.
- You do not need to deal with steel is overweight and how much loss you are facing due to it.
- Your construction activity boosts up due to readily available steel.
- You pay optimally for steel and labour (as there is no wastage to account for due to getting ready made sizes).

Disadvantage
- If the detailing is provided incorrectly, the order received will have incorrect steel which you need to throw out - only option, so complete money loss on account of improper details provided for cut and bend sizes.
-You need to procure some minimum numbers for particular dia and shape of bars (i do not know, is it valid till today or not).
-The Quality Control need to be more stringent on received steel.
-there are as such no disadvantage other than listed above but most dangerous is the 1st one where the complete value of order becomes a scrap due to whatever reason for wrong detailing.

I hope by stating cut and bend steel, you are interested in knowing, instead of doing it at site, what are advantages and disadvantages of ordering steel which comes in stated cut size and by bending in required shapes.

The trend i seen a decade ago when a company come with an idea to provide ready made steel like RMC, instead of going in details i will come to a conclusion.

Advantages of using ready made steel RMS
- You do not required additional space for making a cutting and bending yard.
- Your dead stock inventory becomes zero for procurement of the steel.
- You can order a steel when you required and it will get delivered in a day.
- as the steel is cut and bent on machines which are connected to a computer program the production capacity is very high.
- You do not need to deal with steel is overweight and how much loss you are facing due to it.
- Your construction activity boosts up due to readily available steel.
- You pay optimally for steel and labour (as there is no wastage to account for due to getting ready made sizes).

Disadvantage
- If the detailing is provided incorrectly, the order received will have incorrect steel which you need to throw out - only option, so complete money loss on account of improper details provided for cut and bend sizes.
-You need to procure some minimum numbers for particular dia and shape of bars (i do not know, is it valid till today or not).
-The Quality Control need to be more stringent on received steel.
-there are as such no disadvantage other than listed above but most dangerous is the 1st one where the complete value of order becomes a scrap due to whatever reason for wrong detailing.
thanks sir