Can a Construction Engineer Ever Become "An Expert?"

The question & answers to Suresh Raghvani 's post Can we use crush sand in concrete - Civil4M really got my brain humming this past week, not only thinking about troubleshooting construction issues, but also on my role as a civil engineer.

I've written an article, expanding on the concrete barrier wall problem that we encountered in 2007, while also addressing a question that was asked of me a few months ago: Did I consider myself to be an "Expert Construction Engineer?" As a licensed civil engineer with 30+ years of experience, my answer might surprise you: You Are Never an Expert….

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts: Cheers!!

The question & answers to Suresh Raghvani 's post Can we use crush sand in concrete - Civil4M really got my brain humming this past week, not only thinking about troubleshooting construction issues, but also on my role as a civil engineer.

I've written an article, expanding on the concrete barrier wall problem that we encountered in 2007, while also addressing a question that was asked of me a few months ago: Did I consider myself to be an "Expert Construction Engineer?" As a licensed civil engineer with 30+ years of experience, my answer might surprise you: You Are Never an Expert….

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts: Cheers!!

Read your article quiet interesting.i will study the same in depth and revert back.my humble submission no artificial /manufactured material can replace the natural resources given by the almighty.once again thank you for enlighning my knowledge.

Read your article quiet interesting.i will study the same in depth and revert back.my humble submission no artificial /manufactured material can replace the natural resources given by the almighty.once again thank you for enlighning my knowledge.

I am humbled by your thoughts Srinivasan Thank You Very Much!

As engineers, we can achieve great things when we work together and combine our knowledge & efforts. Solving problems that others who do not have our education & training cannot is what makes our industry such a valuable resource to society at-large.

Reactions: Srinivasan