Challenge - Identify the Mistake in this construction...

Omarbhati

Apprentice

Not necessary that the walls casted from the inner face of column are a mistake. This can be the architectural demand and consideration. Also if u observed closely . The cantilever projections are coming out from columns ends directly . This removes the possibility of beam in the front face . Since it is a small room this will have a direct flat slab supported by columns on all four sides. .. this is a side of the picture too . This may or may not be true but this too is possible ... if u understanding.

Narendra

Staff member
Not necessary that the walls casted from the inner face of column are a mistake. This can be the architectural demand and consideration. Also if u observed closely . The cantilever projections are coming out from columns ends directly . This removes the possibility of beam in the front face . Since it is a small room this will have a direct flat slab supported by columns on all four sides. .. this is a side of the picture too . This may or may not be true but this too is possible ... if u understanding.
Great Omarbhati Sir....Very Well said

Reactions: Omarbhati

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Your image shows, rebar left unprotected for future plan.

Keeping rebar exposed will cause a rusting and steel may become useless at the time of future expansion.

Either bar should be protected by applying anti-rust coating on it or should be concealed by doing concrete pillar on it.

Reactions: Narendra
As I see from the picture, I can point out three mistakes:
1: The basement height is too High for the building or maybe the floor height is less.
2: The lintel is combined together with the beams (maybe that's due to increased plinth height) which I think is not good, Atleast they would have merged the lintels with the beams' top.
3: The reinforcement bars above the slab are unprotected and rust is quite visible on it.

Well that's my opinion maybe I'm right or wrong.

AjitA

1. Column reinforcement - Bars are not cut as per lap length ( 50% bars should be staggered ) from the point of view of future expansion,if any.
2. Unnecessary loft on columns to the front side
3. No slope ( "Kani" )is made on Chajja slab to drain off the rain water
4. No Provision for Rain water pipe / outlet is seeing at slab level.
5. If it is a residential building the position and size of entrance door is not proper from privacy point of view...I mean it should at one side and size of door can be reduced.