DISCUSSION ON GREEN CONCRETE -Request to all members do participate

Narendra

Staff member
Friends Lets talk about Green Concrete.
Tell me in comment section what is the definition of Green Concrete in your mind ?

(NOTE :- Don't copy paste from here & there just write what you feel)

Reactions: Shuvam dey

K Kiran

Use of mineral admixtures to reduce the consumption of cement ... Cement shall be used judiciously in concrete without compromising the strength and durability parameters.

Reactions: Narendra

K Kiran

its my personal request to all concrete technologists, as you aware ,addition of mineral admixtures having huge benefits please implement practically.

1) Fly ash (PFA) , pl take care of fineness of flyash
2) GGBS
3)Metakolin

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
We can replace practically 100% of cement with any other materials. Provided it can form a bonding in ingredients.

Todays additives are no so advance that, they can react with other materials on their own.

Replacement just use by products of original reaction of cement and water to form a bonding.

To check the feasibility of replacement one should do trials with different combination.

Trials should be checked for all properties desired to achieve as per design consideration.

K Kiran

Off late Geo-polymer concrete is practically implemented in Austrailia for precast elements.
I believe that still Geo-polymer is in research mode and executed case studies are very few