Final Year Engineering Projects

Narendra

Staff member
SEISMIC ANALYSIS OF STRUCTURE WITH VARIED DAMPING RATIOS ON SEISMIC ZONE 4
Author:- Ankita Narvekar1, Dipanshu Kambli2, Sagar Rana3, Shubhansu Mishra4, Jaydeep Chougale5​
Source:- IJCESR​
Abstract More than 50% area in India is prone to damaging earthquakes. Some great Indian earthquakes such as earthquake on west coast of India (1819), Assam earthquake (1897), Bihar Nepal earthquake (1934) and the damage caused due to them creates a need for earthquake resistance in high rise buildings. And as a future civil engineer it is very important for us to learn how to design such structures and know more about it. This project is our attempt and experiment to study the relation between seismic zone and damping ratio and finding the optimum damping ratio to be used. Our project is to design a 15 storey building on etabs assuming all the required information referring IS code 456:2000 and IS code 1893:2002 (for earthquake). This structure is further subjected to different damping ratios on a particular seismic zone giving us the optimum damping ratio for that seismic zone. In our paper, we have taken seismic zone 4 and subjected the structure to damping ratio 0.5%,5%,10% and 20% respectively.​
Keywords: Earthquake, Seismic, Response Spectrum, Drift, Damping, Damping ratio​

PARKING DEMAND ASSESSMENT OF CBD AREA - A CASE STUDY OF SURAT CITY

ABSTRACT
The city core is the center of all major activities reflecting the culture of an urban center in the most comprehensive manner and mostly, has a unique functional significance. Such centers run on and through transportation nerves and several nodes. In walled cities, the space devoted to transportation has remained more or less the same over the years while the demand for such space has undergone a tremendous upswing. The increased in vehicle owning capacity and easily availability of vehicle loans has accelerated the total number of vehicles in India. Almost, all the metropolitan cities are experiencing increasing problems related to parking.

The study reveals that on-street parking has become of the major problem for the CBD area and if proper parking policies are not adopted then situation will become worst in near future.

Thus, attempt was done to find out the on-street parking demand at the busy urban road streets of Surat city in this study. A 03 hour survey using license plate method was carried out for the CBD area of Surat. Parking demand was found out in terms of parking load, parking accumulation, parking turnover, parking index.

If the final remedial measures are implemented, definitely it will lead in improving the present scenario for parking issues and traffic congestion.

Hello sir,
I'm BE final year student. I want to choose this typ project so if u don't mind I want suggestions and tips from you. My wp num =8153840272

Hello Engineers,
I am creating this thread where you all can post your Diploma, B.E.,B.Tech,MTech or any other mini project which you did doing your Engineering carrier.
I request you all to do post here in this thread, at least Title and Abstract/Short Introduction. So we can help many engineering student to get some idea from our project and decide academic project easily.
I request all students to think something out of this Project titles. We are posting here some projects Title so that you get some idea.

project.jpg

Thank You !!!
Planning and design a skill development institute as per CRDA(13ARC)

Airport noise management one of the best project I have done and in India it is the first project we have executed. In american countries this project was executed.

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Airport noise management one of the best project I have done and in India it is the first project we have executed. In american countries this project was executed.
it would be great if you share the Project details in Student corner, it will surely inspire others to do project in that field and discover even better things.

USE OF GEO-TEXTILES IN ROAD CONSTRUCTION

ABSTRACT
As of 2013 estimates ,the total road length in India 4,689,842 km (2,914,133mi) making the Indian road network, the second largest road network in the world after the united state. But the roads are not giving desired result due to poor CBR value.

Roads in India have mostly the problems like formation of potholes, ruts, cracks and localized depression and settlement especially during rainy season. These are mainly due to insufficient bearing capacity of the subgrade in water saturated condition. The subgrade soil mostly yields low CBR value 2-5%. In the CBR method of pavement design ( IRC37-2001 ) total thickness of pavement increases exponentially with decrease in the CBR value of subgrade soil which in turn increases the cost of construction. So it has been tried to use geotextile material for increasing the bearing capacity of subgrade. Laboratory and simulated field CBR tests are conducted on soil samples with and without inclusion of geotextile layer and also by varying the position of it in the mould. Use of geotextile increases the CBR value of the subgrade and thereby reduces the pavement thickness considerably up to 40%.

This study will have a positive impact on cost as it will reduce the maintenance cost of road. Our project will discuss in detail the process and its successful applications.

KEYWORDS: Geotextiles, Reinforcement, Road Pavement ,CBR value.
can u pliz send me a soft copy of this project, um doing btech in civil engineering in zimbabwe

PARKING DEMAND ASSESSMENT OF CBD AREA - A CASE STUDY OF SURAT CITY

ABSTRACT
The city core is the center of all major activities reflecting the culture of an urban center in the most comprehensive manner and mostly, has a unique functional significance. Such centers run on and through transportation nerves and several nodes. In walled cities, the space devoted to transportation has remained more or less the same over the years while the demand for such space has undergone a tremendous upswing. The increased in vehicle owning capacity and easily availability of vehicle loans has accelerated the total number of vehicles in India. Almost, all the metropolitan cities are experiencing increasing problems related to parking.

The study reveals that on-street parking has become of the major problem for the CBD area and if proper parking policies are not adopted then situation will become worst in near future.

Thus, attempt was done to find out the on-street parking demand at the busy urban road streets of Surat city in this study. A 03 hour survey using license plate method was carried out for the CBD area of Surat. Parking demand was found out in terms of parking load, parking accumulation, parking turnover, parking index.

If the final remedial measures are implemented, definitely it will lead in improving the present scenario for parking issues and traffic congestion.
can you pliz send me the survey data

Jibodu2019

Apprentice
ba
pls si
USE OF GEO-TEXTILES IN ROAD CONSTRUCTION

ABSTRACT
As of 2013 estimates ,the total road length in India 4,689,842 km (2,914,133mi) making the Indian road network, the second largest road network in the world after the united state. But the roads are not giving desired result due to poor CBR value.

Roads in India have mostly the problems like formation of potholes, ruts, cracks and localized depression and settlement especially during rainy season. These are mainly due to insufficient bearing capacity of the subgrade in water saturated condition. The subgrade soil mostly yields low CBR value 2-5%. In the CBR method of pavement design ( IRC37-2001 ) total thickness of pavement increases exponentially with decrease in the CBR value of subgrade soil which in turn increases the cost of construction. So it has been tried to use geotextile material for increasing the bearing capacity of subgrade. Laboratory and simulated field CBR tests are conducted on soil samples with and without inclusion of geotextile layer and also by varying the position of it in the mould. Use of geotextile increases the CBR value of the subgrade and thereby reduces the pavement thickness considerably up to 40%.

This study will have a positive impact on cost as it will reduce the maintenance cost of road. Our project will discuss in detail the process and its successful applications.

KEYWORDS: Geotextiles, Reinforcement, Road Pavement ,CBR value.
pls sir can i get full write up on this project my mail . jibodumoyoadekunle@gmail.com

Health Assessment of Structures & Estimation of Repair Work
Building once constructed has to be maintained in that condition so that the service life of the structure can be served. The building's condition may get deteriorated because of a number of reasons such as pollution, faulty construction, bad workmanship, sub-standard materials and also inadequate design. To maintain the condition of the structure, the distresses occurring in the structure should be attended to by doing the necessary repairs to the damage and also taking precautionary measures to prevent further degradation of structure. To locate the point of distress and extent of damage structural audit is done. There are numerous formats available in the market for structural audit as the method of auditing changes from structure to structure and auditor to auditor. There are different parts of the audit report such as study of drawings of building & history of repair work, visual observation, destructive testing and non-destructive testing. After the auditing is done a recommendation is made by the auditor for the repair method of the structure. The auditor also provides a detailed estimate of the repair work suggested by him. The estimate is prepared in such a way that the repair is categorized into structural repairs, non-structural repairs and aesthetic treatments. In this report a schedule of repair work will be made for the completion of the project repairs using minimum resources and achieving maximum output. This schedule will be made with the help of software Microsoft Project. This project is aimed to find the current condition of the structure and suggest methods of adding strength and value to the structure.