I want to know how many office documents use in Construction Firm

I am studying in M.Tecch (CEM) at GANPAT UNIVERSITY. I want to explore knowledge in which types of documentation required for a construction firm. IF possible, I want their blank formate copy for my studying purpose

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Document is something which states about how we should do any process or activity. record of it shows how we did it.

So all company do have the process documentation and record formats as per their comfortable design and base on codal requirement.

Their are many documents which any company creates and maintain and each project involves many sub categories of work to complete a project such as;

1. Planning
2. Estimation and Billing.
3. Budgeting
4. Store Keeping
5. Accounting
6. Execution of works as per standardize documented process
7. Quality Control
8. Infra Structure development processes
9. and there are many more, i just written some which readily available on my mind, do not look at serial numbers, the sequence of it may not be correct.

For same kind of documents, records need to be created as the work progresses at site.

It is not a something or some pieces of papers which can be described or shared, it is like a bible.

All companies do have different process, visions and missions, so the formats of documentation and record may vary company to company but all companies need to maintain the minimum records and records should meet the requirement stated in IS codes, Self published specifications etc.

As there are very few peoples who controls all of the said categories (Mostly directors of the company or CEO etc) it is very difficult to expect all formats from someone.

It is always better to demand for formats first by understanding what actually i am looking for.

The most of the formats are covered here on Civil4m by many members, you will find formats in all different section here (you need to collect all those on your own as i already said, its like a bible and not some pieces of papers).

No specified format. Every companies have their own system in place.

Since Indian construction companies are totally unorganized, you may find it difficult.

Right Sit, But I want references documentation for my study purpose and I will try to modify them and to make easily understandable to others.

And Sir, Give me suggestion how to collect these documentation from different Organisations. Because , Most of construction company refuse to give there format of theie document.

Document is something which states about how we should do any process or activity. record of it shows how we did it.

So all company do have the process documentation and record formats as per their comfortable design and base on codal requirement.

Their are many documents which any company creates and maintain and each project involves many sub categories of work to complete a project such as;

1. Planning
2. Estimation and Billing.
3. Budgeting
4. Store Keeping
5. Accounting
6. Execution of works as per standardize documented process
7. Quality Control
8. Infra Structure development processes
9. and there are many more, i just written some which readily available on my mind, do not look at serial numbers, the sequence of it may not be correct.

For same kind of documents, records need to be created as the work progresses at site.

It is not a something or some pieces of papers which can be described or shared, it is like a bible.

All companies do have different process, visions and missions, so the formats of documentation and record may vary company to company but all companies need to maintain the minimum records and records should meet the requirement stated in IS codes, Self published specifications etc.

As there are very few peoples who controls all of the said categories (Mostly directors of the company or CEO etc) it is very difficult to expect all formats from someone.

It is always better to demand for formats first by understanding what actually i am looking for.

The most of the formats are covered here on Civil4m by many members, you will find formats in all different section here (you need to collect all those on your own as i already said, its like a bible and not some pieces of papers).

Thanks Sir, i will try to find these documentation in Civil4m