I want to perform sorptivity test on concrete is there IS code for this?

What is the purpose of doing that test.
Because of the difficulties associated with the absorption tests, on the one hand, and, on the other, because permeability tests measure the response of concrete to pressure, which is rarely the driving force of fluids entering concrete, there is a need for another type of test called sorptivity test. Essentially, the sorptivity test determines the rate of capillary-rise absorption by a concrete prism which rests on small support in a manner such that only the lowest 2 to 5mm of the prism is submerged.

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Because of the difficulties associated with the absorption tests, on the one hand, and, on the other, because permeability tests measure the response of concrete to pressure, which is rarely the driving force of fluids entering concrete, there is a need for another type of test called sorptivity test. Essentially, the sorptivity test determines the rate of capillary-rise absorption by a concrete prism which rests on small support in a manner such that only the lowest 2 to 5mm of the prism is submerged.

still i did not understood your purpose of doing this test. i mean to say is there any special requirement of designer to do this or is done under some unavoidable conditions where desirable results values of sorptivity test need to be checked constantly during construction process.

Or you are just asking it from academic point of view.