I want to start my own construction company is these the right time for me?

Hello everyone, myself Ghanesh i work in Dubai from last 2 years as a Project Engineer overall im having 4 years of experience and now i want to start my own construction business in India .
I want guidance from you to choose for 1)contracting or buildership works business. Which one i have to start at these point?
2)According to current Market situation my decision is correct to come back in India and start my own business?
3)What are the things i have to consider before starting Building development business?

Reactions: Pankaj Sharma

Anoop Nimkande

Hi Ghanesh,

Thanks for posting your query on Civil4m.com.
I will guide you about starting business point by point as below:
1. Have You Gathered enough Capital for Investments, even for starting small contracting firm i suggest you should have at least 15-20 Lacs with You as a Liquid Capital.
2. Have You got enough contacts in the industry at the location you are preferring to start the job.
3. In any Business there is always a Risk of Loosing & Opportunity to Grow, I Suggest You start in small contracting firm & understand the dilemma of Indian Construction Industry as you are currently not working in India. Even I suggest you first start working in India in the sector before direct investment this will surely absorbs any potential risks.
4. India is growing Market no doubt there are great opportunities ahead, i suggest to come & show your learned skills here in our country.

In case any further concerns feel free to revert.

Thanks,
Anoop

Hi Ghanesh,

Thanks for posting your query on Civil4m.com.
I will guide you about starting business point by point as below:
1. Have You Gathered enough Capital for Investments, even for starting small contracting firm i suggest you should have at least 15-20 Lacs with You as a Liquid Capital.
2. Have You got enough contacts in the industry at the location you are preferring to start the job.
3. In any Business there is always a Risk of Loosing & Opportunity to Grow, I Suggest You start in small contracting firm & understand the dilemma of Indian Construction Industry as you are currently not working in India. Even I suggest you first start working in India in the sector before direct investment this will surely absorbs any potential risks.
4. India is growing Market no doubt there are great opportunities ahead, i suggest to come & show your learned skills here in our country.

In case any further concerns feel free to revert.

Thanks,
Anoop
Thank you for giving your time to guide me.

natarajan.balu

Hi Ghanesh,
There are few more points to consider apart from what Mr. Anoop has said. You have to collect all details like labour/materials rate, prepare a rate analysis based on this. As a trail you can prepare a BOQ with a plan of your own and estimate for the same. Be thorough in these because you may have to quote and discuss with the clients and convince them. At the same time unless you yourself is confident about the rates you cannot/should not proceed. Since you are an Engineer first you must and should deal like an Engineer. You should never say Yes for all the discounts/negotiations the clients ask for. These things are important before any other criteria. Hope you are clear. Best of luck for the new venture. Natarajan.

Reactions: Ghanesh Patil