Need suggestion to choose one among structural, BIM and project management

Hi,
I am going to start my career in core civil engineering industry. I have planned to take up software courses. I am interested in structural engineering and BIM, project management. I just want to know the career growth, ease and job demands/opportunities for both structural engineers and BIM modellers. so that I can choose accordingly. Kindly help me to choose one path.

amd007

Elite Member
Hi,
I am going to start my career in core civil engineering industry. I have planned to take up software courses. I am interested in structural engineering and BIM, project management. I just want to know the career growth, ease and job demands/opportunities for both structural engineers and BIM modellers. so that I can choose accordingly. Kindly help me to choose one path.

? ?All the 3 fields which you have chosen have great opportunities and will keep on developing and are mostly office-related jobs, with better pay scales, better office working environment and enjoy sat/sun off, for payscales you can refer following links:

Career growth phenomenal for Structural Engineers and Project Management professionals in India and worldwide is more lucrative.

As regards to BIM is relatively new but carries greater growth at least for a couple of decades and as and when this environment is accepted in India.

Following are the in-demand job profiles in BIM
Here the best in-demand jobs to make a career in BIM, several job opportunities in BIM are available with the best salary. There are lot many questions in the mind of a new entrant in the BIM industry, like how to become a bim modeler? bim manager qualifications? bim manager salary? For freshers, very few jobs are available, as it needs a lot of technical expertise and skills.

• BIM Technician (MEP) – Mechanical/Electrical/ Plumbing
  • Revit BIM Modeller (Structural/ Architectural/ Electrical)
  • BIM Manager
  • BIM Designer
  • Bim coordinator – Civil 3d
  • Revit/ Bim modeler (MEP)
  • Structural BIM Modeler – Tekla Concrete/steel
  • Business Development Manager
  • BIM/ Revit – Draughtsman
  • Modeler- BIM – Revit-Structures (RFI)
  • BIM-HVAC-MEP
  • BIM Structural Engineer
  • BIM Software Developer
  • BIM Consultant
  • BIM Trainer
  • Commercial
  • Edification
  • Work execution
  • Air conditioning
  • Town planning
  • Technical BIM
  • Draftsman
  • Programmer
  • Virtual reality
  • Director of Work
  • Structural Engineer
  • MEP Engineer
  • Other BIM jobs
The above jobs are relevant for Civil Engineers, Architects and Construction professionals.

Career Opportunity In Building Information Modeling (BIM) please go through this link for more details.

Wishing you all the best for your new career.:)?

Reactions: SAGAR GOR
The best way to choose between structural, BIM and project management is to consult with a professional who can advise you on your specific situation. However, some general advice would be to look at the Gurukul Of Civil Engineers platform, which offers courses in all three areas. If you have a specific interest or goal in mind, it might be helpful to choose a course that aligns with that. For example, if you're interested in pursuing a career in construction management, it would make sense to take a course in project management. Alternatively, if you're interested in building information modeling (BIM), taking a course in that area would give you the specific skills and knowledge you need. For more detail, you can visit official link of Gurukul Of Civil Engineers: https://gcelab.com/.

All the best for your career.