REBAR COUPLER TMT BAR

If we use the rebar coupler for column lapping,is it necessary to maintain the lapping length of 50D difference to avoid the 100% lapping of tmt bar at a section?
plz help me.

amd007

Elite Member
If we use the rebar coupler for column lapping,is it necessary to maintain the lapping length of 50D difference to avoid the 100% lapping of tmt bar at a section?
plz help me.

The basic use of a rebar coupler is to nullify the lapping length so incase your structural consultant has approved the use of rebar coupler then lapping is absolutely not required. However couplers below 16mm dia generally are not cost effective hence only in higher diameter we use the rebar couplers.

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
First of all you should understand what is mean by coupler.

You can also do search in google for couplers to know more about it.

In plumbing or electrical system, two pipes are jointed together with the help of socket, in plumbing specifically when GI pipes are use, sockets do have threading on it and pipe which goes into socket too have the threading on it.

Same way rebars which are fixed in column do have threads on it. the coupler which is used to join two bars one above another do have threading in it.

The bars are joint together in straight line by tightening it on the coupler. when couplers are used, there is no lapping required as it joins rebars point to point.

However we need to ensure staggeredness in rebars by ensuring not all couplers are installed at same level.

However we need to ensure staggeredness in rebars by ensuring not all couplers are installed at same level.

sir, if you can please share a image for staggered rebars with couplers..

Valmiki

sir, if you can please share a image for staggered rebars with couplers..
Hi,
Very important information can any one share the methodology for reinforcement coupling preparation and need cost for each Bar threading as we don't have space for lathe setup at site considering my site condition is small so i have to out source for reinforcement threading

amd007

Elite Member
Hi,
Very important information can any one share the methodology for reinforcement coupling preparation and need cost for each Bar threading as we don't have space for lathe setup at site considering my site condition is small so i have to out source for reinforcement threading

Contact Mr. Shankar Rajput they have a facility of mobile truck they come to your site and do the threading works on site. Contact number 9821090440 for rates etc you can contact him.

harish456

Apprentice
Hello, deshmuk Sir, can u please explain about couplers and testing frequencies which are adopted in your previous project .i need to know more about couplers kindly share your knowledge.

First of all you should understand what is mean by coupler.

You can also do search in google for couplers to know more about it.

In plumbing or electrical system, two pipes are jointed together with the help of socket, in plumbing specifically when GI pipes are use, sockets do have threading on it and pipe which goes into socket too have the threading on it.

Same way rebars which are fixed in column do have threads on it. the coupler which is used to join two bars one above another do have threading in it.

The bars are joint together in straight line by tightening it on the coupler. when couplers are used, there is no lapping required as it joins rebars point to point.

Sir Can we use couplers in beams