Hyderabad
I am expecting following reasons listed

1. Pumping chemical ( Which is used for mall pass) dumped in column
2. Vibrator not used properly
3. Cleanliness of reinforcement

HimanshuS5

Oct 3, 2018
Udaipur
First mixture is not good as I see in this images quantitie of aggregate(Size) less + high sand = Not a proper concrete mixture.
They are not using vibrator at Starting stage case Air void.

rfrfrf

Jan 19, 2019
Mumbai
delayed setting observed mean time deshuttering done by confining from top visual inspection ,but bottom setting malfunction due to retarding effect,

Uduak Wilson

Apprentice
Jan 21, 2019
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Most likely caused by slow hydration resulting from overdosage of water reducing/ plasticising admixture.That it is only the column base that is affected, is that the the mix of the admixture was not homogeneous.

sardum

Feb 3, 2019
Kolkata
I think it is due to nonuniform mixing of concrete(not proper slump value through out) and improper compaction.

Aditya Gandhi

Feb 11, 2019
RAJKOT, GUJARAT, INDIA
What is the reason for this

View attachment 2572
It is segregation of concrete due to following reasons..
1. First and for most is poor concrete mix design
2. Improper placement of concrete
3. Fall of concrete greater than 1m height
4. Quality of ingredients is poor
5. More Voids are present while placing and compaction of concrete in formwork
6. Place is not clean where concrete is mixed
7. Vibrator is not used properly
8. Poor workmanship
9. Adverse weather conditions
10. Corruption

HockeyPuck

Feb 3, 2019
Chicago, Illinois (USA)
I think all the responders before me may have missed the real issue here: Where are the forms? They are off the column. How is there plastic concrete spilling from the bottom? That could only occur if the forms are are removed AND the concrete still wet.....

This issue is not a concrete issue, it is a column forming issue. My guess is that the forms blew out, so the Contractor removed them so that he could wash out the still-plastic concrete and maybe salvage the column rebar.

Take a look at the spacing of the form ties (the thin bars sticking out of the column), I'd guess there is over 1 meter spacing between them, which is not sufficient for the the amount of wet load being applied by the concrete (presuming this is a full floor height column). We don't know if there were any form ties at the bottom/base of the column (can't see from the picture), so the failure may likely started along the floor, the forms toed out, the form ties popped under the load and ended up blowing out.

Agree or disagree with me...??

Reactions: piyush singh thakur

Srinivasan

Administrator
Sep 7, 2017
mumbai
I think all the responders before me may have missed the real issue here: Where are the forms? They are off the column. How is there plastic concrete spilling from the bottom? That could only occur if the forms are are removed AND the concrete still wet.....

This issue is not a concrete issue, it is a column forming issue. My guess is that the forms blew out, so the Contractor removed them so that he could wash out the still-plastic concrete and maybe salvage the column rebar.

Take a look at the spacing of the form ties (the thin bars sticking out of the column), I'd guess there is over 1 meter spacing between them, which is not sufficient for the the amount of wet load being applied by the concrete (presuming this is a full floor height column). We don't know if there were any form ties at the bottom/base of the column (can't see from the picture), so the failure may likely started along the floor, the forms toed out, the form ties popped under the load and ended up blowing out.

Agree or disagree with me...??
Nice explanation.thanks

Reactions: HockeyPuck

Gnyoganarasimhan

Feb 13, 2019
BENGALURU
Firstly a very bad workmanship with very poor quality supervision
One of the reasons contributing to this is the cramping of reinforcement giving very little space for the smooth placing of concrete