What is chemical used for AAC block joints in construction?

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
AAC blocks are stick together with a thin polymer modified mortar or acrylic base polymer adhesive.

Cement base adhesive comes with a fine sand, cement, cementitious material and polymers which create dispersion in mix, provide great workability, polymers to retain the water inside it to give self curing property to it.

Acrylic polymer base adhesive make bond stronger as they dries. Disadvantage which i observed in past with purely polymer base adhesive (chemical adhesive comes in liquid form) is, it softens the bond and loose its strength when it comes in contact with water. a seepage or leakage in wall where high wind pressures are there, the walls constructed with that adhesive might fall on the clients who lives in that rooms.

Cement base adhesives are best for construction of AAC block masonry and also wont require any curing to it, if had self curing additives in it.

AAC blocks are stick together with a thin polymer modified mortar or acrylic base polymer adhesive.

Cement base adhesive comes with a fine sand, cement, cementitious material and polymers which create dispersion in mix, provide great workability, polymers to retain the water inside it to give self curing property to it.

Acrylic polymer base adhesive make bond stronger as they dries. Disadvantage which i observed in past with purely polymer base adhesive (chemical adhesive comes in liquid form) is, it softens the bond and loose its strength when it comes in contact with water. a seepage or leakage in wall where high wind pressures are there, the walls constructed with that adhesive might fall on the clients who lives in that rooms.

Cement base adhesives are best for construction of AAC block masonry and also wont require any curing to it, if had self curing additives in it.
Sir to avoid cracks at RC wall and block work junction what is the procedure can I know it