What is standard cement slurry consumption per meter length of pipe for pumping the concrete with ease.

ashok

What is standard cement slurry consumption per meter length of pipe for pumping the concrete with ease.

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
Its a very nice question and mostly max peoples are unaware about it including me too.

There are lot of factors which affect the quantity of slurry to be taken in consideration to avoid chocking of concrete pump. such as
Condition of pump
Length of pipe
Number of bends in it
Type of pipe joints and leakages in it
Experience of pump operator
Mostly the Quality of concrete (a Good concrete which allow pump-ability have minimum fines in it around 450 kg /cum)

I did some concrete with straight line up to 20 meters without pouring slurry too.

I got chocked even with shorter lines with more bends in it even after pouring lot of slurry.

As this involves lot of factors and no one control all at a time, we need to facilitate the pumping by reducing friction level between concrete and pipeline thus we pour slurry into it.

I also used pumping additive to replace the slurry but it also fails after reaching the height above 5 to 6 floors.

In general
Slurry made should be slightly sticky so that it can stick to inner walls of pipe.

I use to make slurry with 2 bags of cement for short lines up to 30 meter, above it i increase the slurry quantity to ensure no chocking.

Excess quantity of slurry may lead to damages to structure, if fool on slab is doing concreting he will not collect the slurry on top of slab. This will go into beams and columns and form a weak joints in it, which may cause a failure of structure.

In order to arrive at right quantity of slurry required, one should examine the concreting activities and adjust the slurry quantity after getting few results.

This enables your standard specs for your site as per the site conditions like pump, labour, experiance of pump operator, condition of pipeline, training given to operator etc.

No one can predict about standard consumption as the conditions at your site may differ vastly with one who is providing it.

ashok

Its a very nice question and mostly max peoples are unaware about it including me too.

There are lot of factors which affect the quantity of slurry to be taken in consideration to avoid chocking of concrete pump. such as
Condition of pump
Length of pipe
Number of bends in it
Type of pipe joints and leakages in it
Experience of pump operator
Mostly the Quality of concrete (a Good concrete which allow pump-ability have minimum fines in it around 450 kg /cum)

I did some concrete with straight line up to 20 meters without pouring slurry too.

I got chocked even with shorter lines with more bends in it even after pouring lot of slurry.

As this involves lot of factors and no one control all at a time, we need to facilitate the pumping by reducing friction level between concrete and pipeline thus we pour slurry into it.

I also used pumping additive to replace the slurry but it also fails after reaching the height above 5 to 6 floors.

In general
Slurry made should be slightly sticky so that it can stick to inner walls of pipe.

I use to make slurry with 2 bags of cement for short lines up to 30 meter, above it i increase the slurry quantity to ensure no chocking.

Excess quantity of slurry may lead to damages to structure, if fool on slab is doing concreting he will not collect the slurry on top of slab. This will go into beams and columns and form a weak joints in it, which may cause a failure of structure.

In order to arrive at right quantity of slurry required, one should examine the concreting activities and adjust the slurry quantity after getting few results.

This enables your standard specs for your site as per the site conditions like pump, labour, experiance of pump operator, condition of pipeline, training given to operator etc.

No one can predict about standard consumption as the conditions at your site may differ vastly with one who is providing it.
Thank you very much Sir

Dnyan Deshmukh

Staff member
All Standards are made just for reference only and have the bottom line mention, below which all fails.

We can create our own standards which are superior than stated base on our work experience and working conditions at project, This is something no one will tell you because for doing this one should need to be familiar with same conditions.