Which Project had best Quality Construction, do vote on it.

Sumit Civil

I think projects having NCR are doing something good after happening something bad and achieving good quality.

Project with 0 NCR are those where no one kniws what is good quality or dont even look at it, bad supervision.

Project with 0 NCR can hapoen only when activities are supervised by gods and work done by robots.

Human do mistake and improves from mistakes, if he dont know what mistake he made, he never improve on.

My vote goes to option 2.

Jayant Joshi

1000 NCR means strict quality, and safety checks.
But again here we have doubt about quality supervision because if supervision and quality awarness is poor then only we get 1000s of NCR and auditor may get tired and leave the situation or he may also get aqenvented with bad workmanship.
0 NCR again not good either no proper checking system or does not know what to check and how to check.
The ideal situation is some NCR with corrective actions and reports.
The inspector should also focused on important aspects of quality and critical activities.
This improved quality of end product.

Here in this case my answer is 3 Can't say

I have a offer of joining a reputed construction company as an outsourced employee through a consultant firm ?
Is it beneficial to work like this ?
What are the average working hours ?
What would be my day to day responsibilities

bajirao

Best quality Construction
Condition 1
1000's of NCR are issued in Project till completion.
if this is happen in the project, then the project having very poor quantity
Condition 2
0 NCR issued in project till completion.
this condition will happen when good supervision, checking each point as per the each check list of item, Site Management, Motivation and proper training of labour.

1000 NCR's reflect that the work culture of both Client and Agencies engaged are not professional and involves more misunderstanding Qualitywise, legal & contractually.
0 NCR's reflect that the work culture existing between Client and Agencies might be expected to be BEST/POOREST Qualitywise, legal & contractually
So, Can't say is right. Becoz it is Optimistic, wherein Client & Agency Work Culture professional rich mutual understanding leading to qualitywise, legal & contractual start and finish up of work with reasonable NCR's.

Reactions: Dnyan Deshmukh

amd007

Elite Member
Its now more than 30+ years working as a engineering professional in the field of civil engineering, however till date I have not come across a single entity which can say that they have Zero NCR's, rather Good Construction Practices which are followed by some construction companies and improving in leaps and bounds to reduce the number of NCR's and if specifically if I was asked to name one company, then without doubt I wouldn't hesitate to name HIRANANDANI CONSTRUCTIONS of Powai,Mumbai fame as one of them.

There could be others which come nearby but not to the level of HIRANANDANI CONSTRUCTIONS, naming a few here SHAPOORJI PALONJI, GODREJ PROPERTIES, NEELKANTH GROUP, KALPATARU, AND SO ON.... Have not mentioned Lodha Group as being a big name, however, quality standards are quite poor.

As am based in Mumbai and have worked in and around Mumbai hence am mentioning companies based here , there could be others but as I have not seen their works will not comment on them. Cheers :) ;)

Hi friends,

I have a question for you all. Do vote at top of this thread.

According to You, Which Project had Best Quality Construction?

1. 1000's of NCR are issued in Project till completion.

2. 0 NCR issued in project till completion.

3. Can't Say

The question is bit difficult to answer cause... there are two cases we have to look..

1. Issuance of 1000 NCR`S in a project shows that either the engineer might had good surveillance (good quality) or the poor contractor (might have lot of hidden NC)
2. 0 NCR`S may be in the vice versa of the above case.

Pk27feb

Apprentice
I think projects having NCR are doing something good after happening something bad and achieving good quality.

Project with 0 NCR are those where no one kniws what is good quality or dont even look at it, bad supervision.

Project with 0 NCR can hapoen only when activities are supervised by gods and work done by robots.

Human do mistake and improves from mistakes, if he dont know what mistake he made, he never improve on.

My vote goes to option 2.
???

Hi Er's,
We cant avoid giving NCR's.

NCR will be at all the site's having utmost care and stringent for the quality of raw material to final delivery (Handing over).

The site where 1000 NCR are given,probably there is need to teach the site team,the real meaning of NCR.

So,in order to have minimum NCR or target zero,we should conduct training's for all level's & let the audience know ,
how one can minimize the defaults(deviation with specs,drawings,product data sheet,tolerances,and level of severity of the particular defect or default).

There is a misconception,that Quality Team or member at site is meant to give NCR and rectify the repairs. But the matter of fact is,That QUALITY individual is the third eye,who identifies and notifies the respected site representative in time and explains,why this has happened,and what to do to minimize or eliminate such defects or deficiencies.

-RD

Reactions: Vaibhav jadhav
I will say to NUCLEAR POWER CORPORACTION CLIENT, CONTRACTER : MS LARSEN TOUBRO LIMITED HEAVY CIVIL
AND I ALSO INVOLED IN TAPP 3&4 540MW 2 nos Reacter fully tempracture mass concrete.

Mainly that type of work only given to L&T
Thanks
K. BASKARAN

Dodiya

Apprentice
Best quality Construction
Condition 1
1000's of NCR are issued in Project till completion.
if this is happen in the project, then the project having very poor quantity
Condition 2
0 NCR issued in project till completion.
this condition will happen when good supervision, checking each point as per the each check list of item, Site Management, Motivation and proper training of labour.
Hi friends,

3. Can't Say
1000's of NCR issued is good audit and qualify staff available at project and rectification done as per NCR so overall project quality is good

Hi friends,

3. Can't Say
1000 of NCR issued is the best project because all non conformities would be rectified and it shows project supervision is strong